BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 04' 325Ci conv with 42K miles. The only issues it had was some minor pitting on the passenger window. Pinhead size and looks like there's a small particle in each (maybe dirt?). Rest of the glass is fine. I'm wondering if this was caused by driving a lot with the top down and the passenger window up? Anyone seen anything similar and/or had a similar repair done?

tx, mvd

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Mine has spots all over it from micro dots to 1mm or more sized ones. Has to be the softest windshield Ive ever seen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd get them repaired. Some carwashes have windshield repairs right in them or you can go find one in the yellow pages or ask your insurance. Most insurance companies will pay for this no problem with no deductable because they don't want to have to replace an entire windshield if the pits turn into cracks.

I've had progressive pay for this service at least 4 times with no questions asked and it's done all in the same time I'm waiting for my car to get the hand wash.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,904 Posts
Mine has spots all over it from micro dots to 1mm or more sized ones. Has to be the softest windshield Ive ever seen.
He's not referring to the windshield. Interesting problem I've never heard of. Only heard of it on virturally all 3er windshields, but not side windows.

I'd get them repaired. Some carwashes have windshield repairs right in them or you can go find one in the yellow pages or ask your insurance. Most insurance companies will pay for this no problem with no deductable because they don't want to have to replace an entire windshield if the pits turn into cracks.

I've had progressive pay for this service at least 4 times with no questions asked and it's done all in the same time I'm waiting for my car to get the hand wash.
You're confusing pits with chips. Pits do not turn into cracks and there's basically nothing you can do about them.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Opps. I figured it was the front glass. Ive never seen problems with the side windows before either.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a little research and found some stuff called Diamondite... anyone heard of it?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
If its something on the glass then that might help. You sure it isnt just tree sap? If its something on the glass then the ultimate glass cleaner is made by ZEP. Nothing cleans glass like it. Its hard to get since they mainly sell to car dealers but Im sure you can find it somewhere. It doesnt live any residue on the glass and it works like you wouldnt beleive. Its also the only thing Ive found that cleans treesap in a single pass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts