BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help please...the glove box won't open, there's no tension in the button. Is there any non-destructive way to release the catch? Below and to the rear of the box there is trim with gaps, and I wonder if it's feasible to get through there to find the bowden cable?

·
CRISP & CLEAN
4,298 Posts
Only way to open it without damaging anything
That I can think of is to remove the wood trim
On the dash & remove the CD changer so you
Have access to the actual cable to pull .

Sent from my C6806 using BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Success! Took the wood trim and CD changer out - in doing so, I noticed that some amateur had done so before, badly, looks like they pried it out without removing the nut at the door end - but anyway, luckily, the bowden cable was intact and working - it had just slipped off the button mechanism somehow. So I was finally able to get into the glove box and retrieve the service book, manual, glasses (I can see again!), laptop, microwave, etc etc :) .
Attaching the cable to the mechanism was a bit tricky as the cable doesn't come out much, but got it done. :thumbup:
I should say that the independent garage which noticed the problem had offered to force open the box - thankfully I declined!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.