BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever been screwed over by a dealership and then when it came time for them to act on their word to fix things you get avoided like the plague? I remember seeing some posts a while back where a guy got screwed and contacted "BMW Headquarters" complaining about the dealership then seen fast results to his problems... I searched for the thread but no luck:dunno:, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Anybody ever been screwed over by a dealership and then when it came time for them to act on their word to fix things you get avoided like the plague? I remember seeing some posts a while back where a guy got screwed and contacted "BMW Headquarters" complaining about the dealership then seen fast results to his problems... I searched for the thread but no luck:dunno:, any ideas?

I think you should publicly smash your BMW with a group of guys to show your frustration!

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Didn't some guy smash his lambo in public. He got alot of attention from it

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why? what problem is the dealer reneging on?
Here is the deal. I went to Dealership "X" and told them, "hey I want a full inspection/pre purchase inspection" I want to know anything and everything that is and will be soon wrong with this vehicle. On a side note here is everything I know is wrong with the vehicle based on my 500mile trip back from Atlanta. I rattle off a list including
- Wheel Alignment/ Steering Alignment
-Fridge bulb out
-need bluetooth pass key (should have checked the forum first, got raped with $64 fee on bulb and blue tooth key retrieval $64...just to find it) I felt stupid
-Low coolant issue after refilling before I left from Atlanta, came up again when I got back to MD
-Right front wheel said it was flat after a few hundred miles- pulled up into tire shop they filled it up then I re-calibrated the TPS since both rear tires were brand new and I figured the dealer didn't.
-Front Comfort access doors not opening like rear when close.

That was a list of things I knew needed to be addressed.

Week later I come back to my service adviser and have a 2k bill...No problem assuming everything was addressed. I was told the alignment was good now, the coolant issue was with the tank and now good to go. Front door handles replaced.

Anyways the only things fixed were fridge light bulb, comfort access, pass key found.

I take the car to get state inspected and it fails....rear brakes rotors are to thin and alignment is off, which I could feel as soon as I pulled off the lot. To top it all off....missing lug nut on rear left tire...

Come to find out I was told my service adviser got me a deal when really he never charged me for the $300 inspection because they never did one leading me to believe one was performed.

I call them and give them hell how I just paid 2k and the car can't even pass a state inspection, I was told by the service adviser that BMW's just pull to the right naturally. That was the end of our interactions, I moved on to the service manager and dealt with him only. He promised me the world and told me he would call me tomorrow morning first thing to bring the car in. Come about 10AM I realized this guy's "first in the morning idea" is not the same as mine. After repeatedly calling him and getting the "ignore" button hit one to many times (you can tell when people do that) I decided to call the GM of the dealership. He too promised me the world and said to bring the car in right away and he would take care of everything no problem and I was only to deal with him from now on. They said they fixed the alignment again.

I go back to pick up the car and as soon as I pull off the lot I feel the alignment is horribly off still and now I have a flat tire again....I instantly drove to "Dealership Z" and explained my story...not only did they feel bad for me but they game me the inspection for free. They tell me my alignment if off because my tire rod is messed up...so no matter how many times Dealership X fixed my alignment it was going to go right back out. They also informed me that the coolant was still jacked up and if they would have pressure tested the system after they replaced the tank they would have noticed that as well....among many other things the point is I called Dealership X back with the news of Dealership Z and told them I paid yet again for an alignment yet it was done correctly along with the tie rod being replaced. Dealership X's GM said if I could prove to them I had the work done they would gladly give me a refund for the alignment. I figure I cant go after the coolant issue since they actually did replace the tank even though that wasn't the extent of the problem. All in all I ended up spending 12'gs with dealership Z getting my car to pristine condition, they threw in all sorts of free tid bits like free buff/wax/ inside detail/ re-finished the 128's and fix the bend causing the flat tire/ re-set all the adaptation values for free. They are even going to personally deliver it to me and pick up my rental so I don't have to drive the 45 mins to Virgina.

Anyways so now I'm still trying to get ahold of Dealership X and the GM is dodging my calls, not returning messages etc. It's not about the money obviously, I gladly (well not gladly but it had to be done) spent at least 12K to get my car perfect and I'm trying to get a measly $169.00 out of Dealership X you ask....YES because it's the principal, if they would have did what I asked and what they led me to believe they did then they would have found the tie rod, figured out the leak in the coolant system, figured out the brakes etc. and they would have gotten a lot of money in the end. I gave them free range to tell me anything wrong on a vehicle with no warranty at the time....Who should I contact up top to get my $169.00 for the alignment.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
take a few minutes and call bmw of north america and let them know your situation and the entire debaucle. they may compensate you for your lost time and reimburse you for some of the repair bill.
(800) 831-1117 or email at [email protected]

good luck.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update you, GM finally gave me what I wanted so I never had to go higher. Appreciate your help DIZNIK007!

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
That seemed like a lot of money to pay for those issues, also no need to call it dealership x u can expose them for good and bad service freedom of speech.

·
Wilassasin
2,614 Posts
BTW loving ur 128's I wish I had the alloy one's not a fan of chrome much anymore...

·
BIGWALK
34 Posts
I knew you had to be referring to BMW of Alexandria, they are the worst. I brought my car into them for my sound (wish I had paid attention to this forum) but since I was ignorant to the facts on the ASK and Amp, they told me that my problem with my speakers was the ASK and charged me but when I picked up my car, the speakers were the same heck even worst, so they say its hard to tell bring it back now they say its the AMP and there is some white substance on it (yea right) and I end up paying for it also not to mention now my license plate light is out, sorry but my kindness wore off and I told the sa to get his boss then I told the service manager to get his boss, the GM claims he gives me some money off and fix the license plate light for free (wow) long story short I got to make that call to BMW custrelations:mad:

I'm thankful to this forum for all its help and general conversations

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I knew you had to be referring to BMW of Alexandria, they are the worst. I brought my car into them for my sound (wish I had paid attention to this forum) but since I was ignorant to the facts on the ASK and Amp, they told me that my problem with my speakers was the ASK and charged me but when I picked up my car, the speakers were the same heck even worst, so they say its hard to tell bring it back now they say its the AMP and there is some white substance on it (yea right) and I end up paying for it also not to mention now my license plate light is out, sorry but my kindness wore off and I told the sa to get his boss then I told the service manager to get his boss, the GM claims he gives me some money off and fix the license plate light for free (wow) long story short I got to make that call to BMW custrelations:mad:

I'm thankful to this forum for all its help and general conversations
If you need any help with that let me know as far as contact info etc. Also if you just straight shoot Mike (GM) and let him know where they dropped the ball and what was unexceptionable he is or was to me fair about getting my money back. Only problem is he is impossible to get a hold of. After my 3rd week of calling almost everyday and leaving at least 10 or so voice mails I finally told the receptionist this is my last attempt and if she doesn't personally go get him I'm going to be contacting BMW of North America and the BBB on this issue. I was on hold for 5 minutes be he was on the line.

Also if you can do the light fix by yourself, I had a light out in the fridge and I thought, no big deal I will get charged maybe a buck or two for the light and I figured at the magnitude of the work I'm having performed they will just toss it in their....no....64 bucks in labor just to change the bulb...hell they raped me for 64 bucks again just to get my pass key for blue tooth!

If you want an awesome place in Virginia that has been amazing to me and helped me and every where possible look up Advantage Certified. They only sell high end Audi/BMW etc. Customer service is great, like 80% or so of their techs are BMW Master Mechanic Certified (not sure if that's what it's called but you know what I mean). It's not a huge place and I like that, most of them in their know be my name (good or bad thing? lol) They have done things like delivered my car to me when I couldn't make the 40 mile drive and threw in things like a free wet sand for my scratches and outside wax when all I did was buy the interior detail. They have also been really fair on prices and if they cant come down on a price they usually throw in something to make you satisfied, James has been my customer service adviser and I'm thrilled I found them! Only thing that sucks is you don't get the fun loaners like you would a dealership but its worth driving a power wheel home for the peace of mind I get with them!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW loving ur 128's I wish I had the alloy one's not a fan of chrome much anymore...
Thanks! I seen a 750li the other day same color (i dont believe it was a 760 cause I have yet to see one around here and it was too far away) but it looked a lot like my car minus tint and it was on chrome rims...caught my eye, not sure if I hated it or liked it but it definitely caught my eye. I think the alloy color is just clean, lets the car speak for it's self without saying "hey look at me, over here! I'm flashy so I must be nice" :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts