• Agnostic

Votes: 20 34.5%
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pick one:

I make the distiction between mono and poly because that is a big distiction and I know and am friends with a quasi-neopagan :)

edited: type-o

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
TD said:
Monotheists are trailing 18 to 11.
Somehow I don't think this board properly reflects the beliefs of Americans...

Most Bible Thumpers don't drive BMWs. The only Church parking lot full of bimmers on Sundays are the ones down in Beverly Hills, and 90% of THOSE church goer don't believe in god, they're just there to socialize.

I always love it when I see people driving with the "Truth" fish eating the "Darwin" fish...If you still can't accept Evolution as the truth, I'm not sure what you believe in really is the "Truth."

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I voted on this poll but I'll keep it anonymous... If I voice my opinion on this thread, this will become yet another flame war...

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
The HACK said:
Most Bible Thumpers don't drive BMWs.
That is what I sort of thought ... until some of these OT threads about issues related to religion came up.

I am surprised Nate posted this poll. Maybe he just wants some heated discussion - or poop hurling.

Back to my Bible study.

Patrick

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
The HACK said:
If you still can't accept Evolution as the truth, I'm not sure what you believe in really is the "Truth."
The Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus?

"The truth isn't out there; trust no one."

Patrick

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Mark me as a Christian. Lutheran Church Missouri Synod denomination to be specific.

Logic and reason are ‘worldly man’ traits, and are at enmity with Christianity.

Christianity is taking the word of the Holy Spirit and applying it in spite of any type of cerebral processes you may wish to bring to the issue.

I like to :banghead: with many issues, but this is the one and only area where I am compelled to suspend independent thought.

That's why it's described as a 'walk of faith' as opposed to walking by sight.

Some may call it stupid and many simply cannot comprehend it, but I consider it to be the greatest blessing in my life.

T

·
0 Posts
IndyMike said:
Mark me as a Christian. Lutheran Church Missouri Synod denomination to be specific.
Has the Missouri Synod decided to allow women to be ordained yet?

20,210 Posts
Re: Well, that just about sums it up right there...

EugieBaange said:
Or to put it another way: just don't think. :tsk:

I don't see one thing about my faith that forces me to suspend reality or not think.

:dunno:

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
TD said:

Has the Missouri Synod decided to allow women to be ordained yet?
Negative.

Thumbs down to the acceptance of homosexual pastors as well.

As you seem to be aware, LCMS is a very conservative, straight-laced splinter faction of the more secular and mainstream Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).

I actually grew up in California as an Episcopalian, but after moving to Indiana and unable to find an Episcopal church that practiced using the old 1928 Prayer Book that we were used to we 'switched' to a denomination that had the same views about God and worship.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I believe any form of faith, or religion, is a very personal thing that I refuse to discuss on the internet with people I do not know. Anything that is discussed in reference to believers vs. non-believers will change neither party's mind on their own beliefs, and leads to nothing constructive.

T

·
0 Posts
IndyMike said:

Negative.

Thumbs down to the acceptance of homosexual pastors as well.

As you seem to be aware, LCMS is a very conservative, straight-laced splinter faction of the more secular and mainstream Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).

I actually grew up in California as an Episcopalian, but after moving to Indiana and unable to find an Episcopal church that practiced using the old 1928 Prayer Book that we were used to we 'switched' to a denomination that had the same views about God and worship.
I grew up attending an ELCA affiliated Lutheran church. There was a Missouri synod church only a few miles away. We sort of viewed them as frozen-in-time.

My parents still attend this ELCA church and the pastor who just left for another "calling" was actually a lesbian. So female AND homosexual. You Missouri Synod folks would be aghast.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts