BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought I'd post my progress, I don't know if any ones interested.

This is how I started with standard 19's on E92 325i. They looked good but had a fair bit of deep curbing. So strangely a few hours before a night shift I thought I make a start!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1475257644.656514.jpg
How the car started nice and tidy!

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1475257696.177104.jpg
Then I took 2 wheels off at a time, I then used car body filler where any curbing was or any damage to the rim, allowed it to dry, and began to wear my thumbs away sanding to get the wheel as near perfect as possible.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1475257792.917256.jpg
Then have it a few light coats of grey primer, being sure to get between the spokes, and they lifted the wheel to do a bit through the back so nothing was missed. I let this dry and it showed up any high spots or imperfections in my prep. So if required sand back more or add more material with body filler.

That's as far as I got today, I will keep updating any of you that are interested.

Oh and by the way I'm going for the same colour as the car metallic sapphire Black for the wheels!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that was the plan Aaron, just wondering if the paint will stick to the chrome finish or plastic primer it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So an update, sorry this is taking me a while I'm refurbing and painting between night shifts.

I have two of the wheels painted now. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1475349428.531533.jpg

I have painted with rattle cans before, but I'm really happy with this they have come out like glass!

Only one issue I have a small white spot in the centre of one of the wheels I must have had a touch of grease or something on the wheel before painting. So a tip use de greaser for cleaning it's only tiny so I'll get away with it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1475603989.719182.jpg
The almost finished product, just the indicators left todo now!

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice, I'm guessing your in the us, looking at the car next to you? How do bmws go down over there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts