Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly to order a 325Ci. Depends on what that dealer comes up with. Any advice or suggestions? :thumb:
 

·
Elected by grace
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Closer said:
Possibly to order a 325Ci. Depends on what that dealer comes up with. Any advice or suggestions? :thumb:
Which dealership in Indiana are you sojourning to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D-Patrick in Evansville. Im thinking Ill stick with them because we've been going there for years, and I like all the people. Now if they try to f*ck me on the deal then I might look elsewhere:D but Ill give them first dibs on my business. Kind of a loyalty thing I guess:lmao:
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Oh ! Evansville. My best regards to 'my' university :)
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
Closer said:
Possibly to order a 325Ci. Depends on what that dealer comes up with. Any advice or suggestions? :thumb:
Forget what they do, why don't you go in there and give them what you got.

Figure out ahead of time what options you want and what you want to pay... Just tell them, "here is the deal". If they take it great, if not walk to another dealer.

Maybe I just like to be in control, but that is just my 2p:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
Well, you don't have to settle on a price right away, so you can just put your deposit down ($500-1000 depending on dealer and mood). Just be firm with them and don't let them hassle you around. I'm sure you know your facts, and don't let them try to persuade you into getting anything that you don't want to. Good Luck:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
For another 5k I would try and get the 330ci.
 

·
Elected by grace
Joined
·
1,945 Posts
Closer said:
D-Patrick in Evansville. Im thinking Ill stick with them because we've been going there for years, and I like all the people.
Cool! I was concerned that you might say Dryer-Reinbold in Indianapolis. When it comes to negotiating they only seem to recognize 4 letters: M-S-R-P.

The other guys in this post gave good advice; know exactly what you want and the price range over invoice that you are willing to settle for.

If they aren't willing to meet it, then walk out and start sending e-mails to other dealers in a radius that you are willing to travel to. Just about every dealership has an internet service manager, so there should be no difficulty in getting a response, and rapidly at that. (Actually I always do this part first; if you walk in and show that you know your stuff and have already shopped around and have a firm offer, the client adviser isn't as apt to stroke you).

One last bit of advice; seriously consider doing European Delivery (ED). You can save enough on the purchase price to warrant the trip to Europe and/or additional options, plus it may allow you to entertain the idea of upgrading to the 330 level. Many of us on this board have done it (ED), and now consider it the only way to fly.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we went to d-patrick and talked with the dealer and things went pretty well but Ive decided to wait 1 more year and mabye try and save up for the 330ci. Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions. :thumb: You guys are the best !!!!:lmao:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top