BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have decided to buy 2017 X5 35i in this coming December. I will be ordering it through a dealership due to my specific configurations. The dealer quoted me $69,445.00 out of door. I want to know if that's a good price or not. I have attached the quote.

Thank you all!

Total MSRP as Built: $69,445

Here are my configs:
- Exterior Color: Black Sapphire Metallic
- Poplar Wood Trim
- Terra Dakota Leather

Packages:
- Driver Assistance
- Driver Assistance Plus
- Premium

Options:
- ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
- Rear view camera
- Surround View
- Rear manual side window shades
- Aluminum running boards
- Soft-close automatic doors
- 3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension

Attachments

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I have a philosophy that service is more important than price. If I get treated right in the showroom, I'm not going to be a **** about price. I'm not going to be an idiot either, though. For me, being treated right means no **** games on the price, factory-ordering a car, and having it delivered with the shipping film still on it and the dealer's wash monkeys not being allowed within 20 feet of the thing. If everything goes my way, I'm willing to split the difference between "invoice" and MSRP, with me getting my BMW FS Visa rebates, BMW NA rebates, and my USAA discount. An exceptional service department will actually cause me to agree to more in the showroom.

There's talk that the F15 will have a shorter production run than most BMW's, ending with the 2017 model year. Also, the X7 is coming. If there's a new X5 and the X7 coming for 2018, they'll be wheeling and dealing on F15's this time next year.

The $80 doc fee and $555 other fees are just other mark-up. You're still getting 8.75% off MSRP. That's below invoice. That's pretty good. "Invoice" on the base price of an X5 is about 93% of MSRP. "Invoice" on options is about 91% of MSRP. I put "invoice" in quotation marks because they get various rebates from BMW.

Somebody else might do better than you, but they'd probably spend several days and do several hundred miles of driving to do so, and they'd get to spend a few hours being a ****. Some people live for that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just ordered a 2017 X5 40e. It was pretty easy and I'm pretty sure I got a decent price because 9 of the 10 dealers I contacted could not match the best OTD price.

Let your fingers do the walking. After researching and test driving, I emailed 10 nearby dealers with the spec and invited them to make me their best OTD offer. Then using only email, I negotiated between them until I got the best price. It took about 1 week I saved around 12% compared to MSRP (incl $3,000 incentives).

There's no obligation on your part to go with the lowest bid. If there's a particular preferred dealership you can always just accept their lowest bid after the sales manager declines to go any lower.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hello all, I have decided to buy 2017 X5 35i in this coming December. I will be ordering it through a dealership due to my specific configurations. The dealer quoted me $69,445.00 out of door. I want to know if that's a good price or not. I have attached the quote.

Thank you all!

Total MSRP as Built: $69,445

Here are my configs:
- Exterior Color: Black Sapphire Metallic
- Poplar Wood Trim
- Terra Dakota Leather

Packages:
- Driver Assistance
- Driver Assistance Plus
- Premium

Options:
- ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
- Rear view camera
- Surround View
- Rear manual side window shades
- Aluminum running boards
- Soft-close automatic doors
- 3rd row seat + rear axle air suspension
Sounds like you are purchasing, not leasing. As auto said they are selling it to you basically at invoice minus the current incentive, from what It looks like.

California has a regulated doc fee of $80 so every dealer will charge that, and its reasonable compared to other places (like florida with their obscene 699-899 doc fees).

So, the sales price looks decent. You might be able to save a bit more if you shop around hard, but you are being offered a very fair price. Just a couple of notes on the options....

"surround view" cameras come with drivers assistance plus, so its not something you would be purchasing separately (I will admit to not looking over your attachment closely so not sure if its listed that way there)

The aluminum running boards on the X5 are pretty much only for how. They are not wide enough to step on, and many people complain because they get pants legs dirty. I would make sure you check out an X5 with them to make sure you want them if you have not already. I thought I wanted them on our X5 until I saw them (and they are not available on M sport model which I wanted).

I was also underwhelmed by the soft close doors on the 2016 X5 we had. Not nearly as ""luxurious" feeling as i was expecting, and you would never know the car had soft close doors unless you actually TRIED to pull the door closed so soft it did not close properly. Then (and only then) would the soft close doors pull it closed. In normal door closing (not slamming but normal closing of doors) you would not know the car had soft close doors.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You should be able to get another $1K off if you shop are around. Just call every dealer internet dept and ask for exactly what you want. Give them exact numbers. and they can say yes or no. Quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts