BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you lucky owners of the e90 can you tell me if golf clubs can comfortably fit in the trunk and if more than one set how many?

Love ya don't tell ya enough!
Jeff

·
Registered
581 Posts
I went and looked at the e90 today at my local dealer. The trunk seemed very large to me and I thought about how my golf clubs would fit.

Definately not a problem for one bag of clubs. My guess is you could fit at least 3 bags in there diagonally and have one laying on top of the other two.

I don't own an e90, yet, but hopefully will shortly.

In process of placing an order for a 330xi this fall!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I talked to some folks from BMW design works, I beleive the answer is 3. I was surprised to learn that trunk designs are specifically built around golf clubs. The higly...uh....contoversial trunk design on the new 7 series, it turns out, is totally designed around the ability to put 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I would think you could put at least 3 bags, considering the e90 is wider than the e46. In my first e46, a 2000 328i, I was able to fit 4 bags, across. I can only fit 2 now, due to the boot liner in my 330i that is ready to accept a cd changer and/or nav dvd system. I wish I had the old liner in the new car.

·
Le fabuleux destin
568 Posts
will-san said:
The higly...uh....contoversial trunk design on the new 7 series, it turns out, is totally designed around the ability to put 4 sets of golf clubs in the trunk.
Hence the horrible butt. The 7 series was apparently cool looking until they changed it last minute to fit the extra bag. Which begs the question, does one need four bags in a two seater 6 series, or did they decide eventually that they liked the ugly Bangle butt so much they would just put it on the 6 as well?

I always wondered about BMWs obsession with golf bags (not being a player myself) down to the badges inside the trunk which tell you exactly how to lay them out. It's like Ikea instructions for golf.

Why not instructions for suitcases, for 2x4s, for shopping bags, for skis, for dead bodies...oh wait. You know what I mean, why are golfers the only people who can not figure out how to pack?

·
Registered
340 Posts
schley said:
For those of you lucky owners of the e90 can you tell me if golf clubs can comfortably fit in the trunk and if more than one set how many?

Jeff
I fit not only my clubs ( rather large Ogio bag) AND my hockey bag and 2 hockey sticks in the back of my e90. Course the rear seat was down..................

·
Registered
308 Posts
schley said:

Jeff
There is only one way to tell. While it might sound silly, take a bag to the dealer and ask to check out the trunk. I would think three, but if one of the three is a heavy cart or staff bag, two might be the limit.

When Porsche was designing the 911, part of the trunk design was based on fitting a golf bag. While the older 911s may not be able to store todays golf bags, the ability to store a golf bag was on the minds of many auto makers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts