BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will somebody please tell me what this "golf tee mod" is? where people put a golf tee in some tube in the engine? i have seen random pictures of it and just am wondering what the heck it is

·
Super Moderator
14,972 Posts
Ahhhh...this may be:

- 330i models have an exhaust flap in one of the two outlets
- The exhaust flap is vacuum operated
- One removes the vacuum hose, plugs it with a golf tee and tie wrap it out of the way
- The exhaust flap is then (always open) (always closed) (can't remember which)

:dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
This now applies to all ULEV models, meaning all 330s, and all 325 automatics in the designated states, starting MY03.

Makes the flap always open.

·
Life is a highway...
112 Posts
Kaz said:
This now applies to all ULEV models, meaning all 330s, and all 325 automatics in the designated states, starting MY03.

Makes the flap always open.
And why would you want to do this?

·
takes the long way home..
1,080 Posts
Disconnect the tube that runs to the exhaust valve and make sure you plug it or fold it and zip tie it. Instant and free exhaust sound mod with no neg effect.

The ZHP exhaust lacks this vacuum hose and exhaust valve, giving it a deeper throatier sound down low in the rev range.

·
I shift my own gears!
299 Posts
shizat63 said:
Disconnect the tube that runs to the exhaust valve and make sure you plug it or fold it and zip tie it. Instant and free exhaust sound mod with no neg effect.

The ZHP exhaust lacks this vacuum hose and exhaust valve, giving it a deeper throatier sound down low in the rev range.
Yes, do a search on "butterfly valve" you will find all you want. The "mod" took me about 15 minutes and it does make a sound difference.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.