BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there are way too many posts regarding bad dealer service. Granted BMW Service is no better and no worse than any other. Rather, it's the dealer's attitude that helps problems get better.

I think that there should be a section in this site to help find good dealer service by locale. This could be tabulated by polls, etc.. for different states, etc...

It would be more helpful to know where to go as well as who to avoid.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I think this is a pretty good idea. Also, it seems that service not only depends on the dealer but the particular Service Advisor person as well, so that information would also be useful.

Info like do they provide a loaner/under what conditions, etc. could all be compiled.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope this thread doesn't get lost!

It would be great if a moderator could run with it!

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Good service: Assael BMW, Monrovia. Service advisor Scott Zlibra. Unfortunately Scott no longer works there, but I've had good experience working with Maria (don't know her last name) and Tim Cheung. Always gave them a 5 point truthfully.

Good service: Savage BMW, Ontario California. Service advisor Eric Hall. You need to get to know Eric and develope a good relationship with him. Once you get in his good side he's REALLY cool. I had my tech inspection done there for July 5th track day at Buttonwillow LAST MINUTE with him, and he didn't even charge me, made his techs work late (after quitting time) to finish up the tech inspection and make sure everything is in good working order for my driving school. Replaced the guibo because it had a crack discovered during the inspection for free too. Bring some beers for his master techs, they will really appreciate you afterwards. ;) Great parts department as well.

Bad service: Santa Monica BMW, Santa Monica. Service advisor: Phillipe (don't know his last name). It was like pulling teeth trying to get them to replace my Z3 top under warranty. It developed a small tear from wear and tear. When they finally agreed to replace the top under warranty (after 3 months of back and forth) they acted like they were doing me a HUGE favor. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Service: Otto's in Westchester, Don Rosen in Bala Cynwyd, Tunersville (Classic) in New Jersey.

All have problems getting you in for a loaner car but can accomodate most requests if you don;t need a loaner.

·
My wife drives the 325i
996 Posts
Although I think that this posting is intended for mechanical service, I would like to commend Jon Shafer and Cutter Motors for what I consider to be outstanding sales service assistance, surprisingly, involving another BMW Center. I was faced with a dilemma in which a second client advisor improperly vied for a portion of the sale's commission involving our BMW. I corresponded with one of Cutter's Client advisors and was provided with useful information that enabled me to ensure proper credit for the sale. It's the principle of fairness that I believe merits this commendation.

·
Registered
528 Posts
RChoudry said:
I think there are way too many posts regarding bad dealer service. Granted BMW Service is no better and no worse than any other. Rather, it's the dealer's attitude that helps problems get better.

I think that there should be a section in this site to help find good dealer service by locale. This could be tabulated by polls, etc.. for different states, etc...

It would be more helpful to know where to go as well as who to avoid.
i never had any good service from any BMW dealer. I bought 3 cars brand new and everytime they forgot something or the service was not up to the par. Then the newest dealer in VA sterling BMW- nice people all but their knowledge on the products is terrible. Sometimes I wonder why I have to buy or service a car through a person. I have my own bmw mechanic and I prefer taking it to him for little things. Any warranty work, usually comes back with some scratch or stuff I don't want to deal with..
LIL raja

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Good service: BMW Autohaus, Markham, Ontario, Canada.
  • In the past 6 years of service to either me or another family member, not one complaint. Watching them clear out an entire showroom of cars just to let out an E36 M3 for my dad back in '99 was when I realized that this dealer wants to please its customers. All he had to say was "Do you have any M3's to test drive?" and the sales rep said "sure" and called over 4 employees to open the doors and move out all the cars to let out the sole M. Service wise, they have yet to charge us for wiper blades, ANY bulb (headlights included), and any labour less than an hour. Big :thumbup: to Autohaus.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Okay, a plug for my dealer... BMW of San Francisco, for both purchase and service. Dealer had a very large inventory where I could see almost every color combination on the lot. I was interested in a non-popular color, Sahara Beige (OK, flame suit on); they had a service guy go to their offsite lot and drive back a 5-series so that I could see the color... I ended up with Alpine White after 4 color changes (they kept on discontinuing colors on me during the order process). Kept me informed as car was built, on the boat, at VPC. On delivery day, saleslady picked me up at the train station in a brand new 330i, and delivery was quick and uneventful, off the lot in less than an hour. This dealer is ~25 miles out of my way (there is one dealer much closer).

Well, okay, I dinged them big time for my first service visit for the infamous aux fan recall. They had 5 weeks notice to get the part and, on the day I went in, no part. They also made me wait over an hour for a loaner 325i, and when I picked the car up later (w/o a new fan), had scuff marks on door sill and mud on my sand floor mats. Talked with both BMWNA survey person as well as dealer customer service manager, indicating they didn't make a good impression on my first service visit and I was going to ding them.

In subsequent three service visits, I've been checked in and out the door with a 325i loaner car is less than 10 minutes, and all required service has been performed flawlessly (final stage resistor replaced, sticky themostat replaced, cracked drive-side midrange speaker replaced, 1-year oil service performed). With any luck, it will be another year (2-year oil service) before I have to take the car in for its next service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts