BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pricing out e90 sedans but I wouldn't mind getting a good deal on a low mileage e46 ZHP. I found this Certified Pre-Owned.

Year: 2005
Body Style: Sedan
Mileage: 5,494
External Color: Silver Gray Metallic
Interior Color: Black Cloth
Transmission: Automatic
Price: $37,900

Installed Options:
Cold Weather Package
Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist
Automatic Transmission
Performance Package

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm kind of stuck getting an auto because of my wife's unwillingness to drive a stick. I'd be the primary driver but she would like to drive it every now and then.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
kt325ci said:
Been pricing out e90 sedans but I wouldn't mind getting a good deal on a low mileage e46 ZHP. I found this Certified Pre-Owned.

Year: 2005
Body Style: Sedan
Mileage: 5,494
External Color: Silver Gray Metallic
Interior Color: Black Cloth
Transmission: Automatic
Price: $37,900

Installed Options:
Cold Weather Package
Xenon Headlights
BMW Assist
Automatic Transmission
Performance Package
Wholesale is maybe $32k. CPO costs them about $1000, since it likely doesn't need new tires at 5k. The dealer will make $5k off you, if you pay $38k.

The cloth seats and auto (w/ ZHP) each hurt resale by about $1000 each.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,336 Posts
kt325ci said:
I'm kind of stuck getting an auto because of my wife's unwillingness to drive a stick. I'd be the primary driver but she would like to drive it every now and then.
Has SHE test driven a ZHP? Some may find the suspension too hard and will not drive it anyways. So getting an AT in that case may be for naught.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She hasn't driven a ZHP but drove my 325ci lowered on UUC springs and never complained. Of course at that time she was driving a 98 civic which is now mine since I sold the 325ci. Now she has an 06 Mazda3 GT sedan. Really nice car for the money.

I suppose if I could get the ZHP for around $35K It'd be a pretty decent buy.

·
Registered
2015 335 M-Sport Mineral Gray
6,336 Posts
kt325ci said:
She hasn't driven a ZHP but drove my 325ci lowered on UUC springs and never complained. Of course at that time she was driving a 98 civic which is now mine since I sold the 325ci. Now she has an 06 Mazda3 GT sedan. Really nice car for the money.

I am sorry, but I have never understood this concept. Her car is always HER car but his car is always HIS/HER car. :dunno:

:rofl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
LDV330i said:
I am sorry, but I have never understood this concept. Her car is always HER car but his car is always HIS/HER car. :dunno:

:rofl:
Not in my house....... :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. I just decided that I'm going to wait till the end of the year and see how the rumored 335ci turns out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
kt325ci said:

I think it would be a great buy for $35k - if it's the car you want. That's only 2k above trade-in. You could sell priv party for very close to that in a few months if it doesn't work out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts