BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 35D, w/ premium pkg + running boards. Not sure on color yet but was leaning towards White/Cinnamon.

$61375 MSRP
$52250 Final price ($500 over invoice, plus $5230 in rebates - diesel, nav, mission to drive)

10k miles/year plus 7 MSDs to lower MF brought payments to $655.43 a month. Paying taxes up front (so I dont get financed on them).

$725 bank fee is standard to BMWFS, however dealer wants a $398 "Document fee"? Not sure if this is bogus? Also is the $725 only for leases or financing too?

Nonetheless, with $725 bank fee, $398 "document fee", DMV $250, taxes are $2282, first month $655 and MSD $4900 = ~$9200 with the $4900 coming back to me at end of lease ofcourse. It's a big amount up front but thats mainly the taxes and MSDs.

What do you guys think? Thanks.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,108 Posts
Is the DMV fee from the DMV, or is that what they charge to DO the DMV paperwork? The 398 is, of course, bogus. Why does it matter about the taxes getting financed?? Money is money. The 725 is a lease fee, not there for financing IIRC. Do you know what MF/rate they are charging?

Have you figured out how much on a "per mile" basis the rental is costing? It will be depressing. My guess $1.10-1.20 per mile, tax, fuel, insurance, etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DMV fee is from the DMV for title/registration. I figured the document fee was bogus and just dealer pocket money. Taxes couls be up front or in he payment doesn't matter. And the $725 is a lease fee so applying for financing does not get charged a fee? I'm taking it that financing might be better, cuz im not the type that cares for a new car every few years, rather have a car for 7-10 years and not worry or deal with the crap of reapplying for a new lease. Although I know if finance a new X5 even with 25% down my monthly payments for a 60 month would def be more than $700. Gotta wonder if I wanna spend that much on a car.

I'm not sure I understand your "per mile" analogy here, a car is always an expensive thing to have, but yes if I calculated it based on that yes it's like $1.20/mile.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,108 Posts
No fee for financing..

Interesting comment about "7-10 years".

You can run the numbers, there is no denying a lease is cheaper...but you are renting a car by the month (or by the mile)

New cars are expensive.... after year 5 they get cheap. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts