Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I am interested in:

e90 325xi
automatic tranny
navigation
xenon adaptive
parking distance control
cold weather package
metallic paint

According to the website, this car goes for $39,245
Dealership wants $425 for security system
No paperwork fees, etc.
I made deal with him for $37,900 for car and security system. $1770 off msrp..

It seems like a good deal. Is this a good deal to jump on or no? I'm pretty sure it is, it is a slow period for dealerships in the New England winter.


Now some quick questions -
I would rather use my money towards navigation and xenons than premium package. Today I testdrove a car without power seats and it seemed like the seat was rolling around on pretty cheap plastic. I figure once its in the right spot though I won't move it much (unless the rare occassion I let my girl drive it :) ) How do people feel about these manual seats. I tried adjusting it while driving so maybe it felt loose and sloppy from the drive. It just didn't feel solid like the rest of the car.

I am curious about the security system. One dealer said 600 installed. This guy says 425, I need to verify whether or not he's including installation in the price. What are other people paying for this?

Thanks guys I'm new to this forum and soon hopefully will be posting often..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
If I were you I'd skip the alarm system, go for Comfort Access. Its one of the coolest features on the car. The BMW alarm system is virtually useless to someone who wants to steal your car. (Just get full insurance).

As for the Premium package, I got it, and I think it's a good buy, but if youre under a tight budget, skip it. Leatherette seats are pretty good in the e90s and power seats arent a big thing. BMW Assist isn't a huge deal at all and youll probably never use it, and if you have a garage, youll have the opener too so homelink isnt a huge deal either.

Keep the Xenon lights... If you don't want to spend now though, you can always get them aftermarket.

Get Navi! It's worth the money! (Unless you never plan on going anywhere you haven't been before).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
BTW, I'd skip the park distance also if I was under a budget... But then again, if you need it badly, and you are always parallel parking, get it. It serves a better purpose for bigger cars and the park distance on the e90's are only for the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, extremely informative point of view. I thought the 2900 is a waste of money. I can't tell the difference between leather and leatherette.. power seats, who cares once you get the sweet spot its always there... don't really use my phone in the car much or have a bluetooth phone, etc. I'm much more excited about getting navigation and xenons!! I just moved here getting around is awful none of the streets are labelled (Boston sucks with this).

I always back into my spot at least once a day, sometimes several times a day. Behind the spot is a fence which I don't want to hit. So PDC for 350... sure.. makes life easier..

Josh

PS Awesome user id!! I was reading your post and my girlfriend laughed at that while I was reading about the car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,072 Posts
Josh49 said:
I am curious about the security system. One dealer said 600 installed. This guy says 425, I need to verify whether or not he's including installation in the price. What are other people paying for this?
$425 installed would be a great price. I paid $589 installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
BringsMeWomen said:
Keep the Xenon lights... If you don't want to spend now though, you can always get them aftermarket.
Not sure if it's different on the E90 but adding the Xenon's after the fact often costs more then getting them as an option. It's not a simple plug and play upgrade.
 

·
Yoyo Mama
Joined
·
619 Posts
Josh49 said:
This is what I am interested in:

e90 325xi
automatic tranny
navigation
xenon adaptive
parking distance control
cold weather package
metallic paint

According to the website, this car goes for $39,245
Dealership wants $425 for security system
No paperwork fees, etc.
I made deal with him for $37,900 for car and security system. $1770 off msrp..

It seems like a good deal. Is this a good deal to jump on or no? I'm pretty sure it is, it is a slow period for dealerships in the New England winter.
.
Rather than calculating how much off MSRP - look at how much over invoice your final price is. If it's < 1000 over invoice, it's a decent deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Define "Invoice". If this is the confidential wholesale value, according to the thread on the top of this forum, the value is $35,460. MSRP is $39,425. The dealer is asking $37,475.

Can I do better? A lot better? Thanks.. Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,072 Posts
Josh49 said:
Define "Invoice". If this is the confidential wholesale value, according to the thread on the top of this forum, the value is $35,460. MSRP is $39,425. The dealer is asking $37,475.

Can I do better? A lot better? Thanks.. Josh
Yes you can do a lot better. Basically $1600 over invoice as the alarm ($425) is not on the wholesale price list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Josh49 said:
Define "Invoice". If this is the confidential wholesale value, according to the thread on the top of this forum, the value is $35,460. MSRP is $39,425. The dealer is asking $37,475.

Can I do better? A lot better? Thanks.. Josh

Well, in the vicinity of 36K +-$200 should be fair offer ....
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top