BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members, last month I posted a thread on the KSB 536 strut tower brace by Whiteline. Well today I took my Z out to test some curves and do a review. We have some tight curves out here in Idaho back roads, and the brace made my turns stiff, and not the mushy feel in the steering wheel as before. A satisfied customer!! On another note, went to the Roadster Solutions web site and found a boot cover for the top when it's in down position. If you have researched this cover, you know they are expensive........well in my world! Picked out a tan one for $178 + tax. delivered it the following week and put it on yesterday. Easy pizzy. Tested it to on tight curves for wind reaction, and it heled up. Let me know what you think from the pics.......good deal (yes,no). Thanks.

Attachments

·
Glfbggy
1,038 Posts
I'm a big fan of Roastersolutions.com. I've purchased a number of accessories for my ///MRoadster since about 2004.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ghpup- I bought my first Z3, a '99 in 2013, and at that time I was using Bavarian Autosport until they closed their doors in 2019 (sad). Now I'm sporting a 2002 3.0l, after selling the '99. Some of Roadstersolutions parts I thought were a little pricey, but do you think I did all right on the boot cover? I wonder if I've seen your Z3 driving in the Treasure Vally.

·
Glfbggy
1,038 Posts
ghpup- I bought my first Z3, a '99 in 2013, and at that time I was using Bavarian Autosport until they closed their doors in 2019 (sad). Now I'm sporting a 2002 3.0l, after selling the '99. Some of Roadstersolutions parts I thought were a little pricey, but do you think I did all right on the boot cover? I wonder if I've seen your Z3 driving in the Treasure Vally.
I think the deal was good. I've seen the OEM boot go for closer to $400.

Yes, you've seen the GLFBGGY in the Treasure Valley, especially on Eagle Road and then I84 between Orchard and Eagle as I move to and from the golf course. Not as much in the last two years as I've had battery issues. Had it for servicing at Hurless last November and they notified me my registration had lapsed. Turned out I must have missed the renewal in 2019.

Also been distracted since I purchased an f15 35d at the end of 2018. For an SAV/SUV, its an incredible amount of fun to drive and the AC works better. Believe it or not, it has better fuel efficiency than the ///MRoadster in the city (27mph versus the 25 for the ///MRoadster). Fuel efficiency is not even close on the highway. X5 is far superior because of the diesel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GLFBGGY........thanks for the reply. Didn't know the brothers (Hurless), were still in business. Had all my service on my "99 done by them in the pass, but the '02 work that I can't handle, is done by Boise European Motorworks. Always satisfied with their quality and timely manner. BTW is the X5 35d a hybrid?? I know of the diesel............

·
Glfbggy
1,038 Posts
GLFBGGY........thanks for the reply. Didn't know the brothers (Hurless), were still in business. Had all my service on my "99 done by them in the pass, but the '02 work that I can't handle, is done by Boise European Motorworks. Always satisfied with their quality and timely manner. BTW is the X5 35d a hybrid?? I know of the diesel............
the 35'd' designates 3L I6 diesel. We also have an f10 diesel which is quicker than the ///MRoadster and will get 35mpg 80+mph. Hopefully we can make these last. I am not yet conveninced of the benefit of either hybrids or AEVs. The nasty stuff required to make the batteries and their recycling has not yet been address sufficiently in my mind.

The 'brothers' are definitely still in business and very busy. Though they have been reluctant to look at our two 'd' vehicles even though they have older Merc diesels being serviced there. The newer emissions stuff they seem to want to avoid.

·
Glfbggy
1,038 Posts
Ok, thanks for the clarification on those models. A diesel faster than your Z3 M Roadster, .......,wow, was not ready for that one.
Modern diesels are not the slow VW or Merc clackity clack black belching sedans you may have ridden in during the 70's and 80's. The low end torque is quite addicting.... I've surprised several sports cars at lights around the valley. Passing big rigs on roads like US93 and US95 is a piece of cake, but you have to watch the speedo as you get past the cab. It will be in triple digits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts