Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from the Detroit Auto Show to look at the new E93 335i convertible, and I must say it's quite a beauty! The only bummer is that they have a Montego (darker) blue E93 sitting near the ceiling and not on the floor. Strange. I had wanted a closer look.

Anyway, I think i'm ready to place an order now (week of January 15) for ED in mid/late April. I think I'd like to Montego Blue with grey leather and brushed aluminum trim. What do you think of this combination?

Are there any pictures of this color combination on any other BMW model so I can see how the colors work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think that the car u saw was actually Monaco Blue. Should work well with Grey, although also very nicely with cream beige.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Monaco is darker than Montego. I'm not crazy about either. For some reason, I don't like the blues on the 3 series.

I like Silver, Black, Red & White on the 3 series. I even prefer Barrique Red Metallic over the blues.

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
I ordered the Montego blue with sand and light popular wood. I am thinking of the Atlantic Blue but want to see one in person. I am sick to death of white and black and red. I have black and white BMWs now and when I sell my black vert I wanted something that fits the temps better in Florida.
Atlantic Blue would do that, Montego would be a little cooler in temp then black but not by much.
Oh yeah and I told the first mate she can pick the color since it is our car not my car if you know what I mean.
Not sure if 3 April will hold for my ED date but will find out soon. The ED office in NJ has sent Irv Robinson, my CA, the confirmation that 3 April is the deal but they have not provided a production date and nothing is firm until I get something closer to that...

·
Free Your Heel
348 Posts
fun2drive, I like the combo you ordered. I agree that at least around here, whites and blacks are everywhere (not so many reds). But color is very personal and there's no "right choice."

Not to get too OT, but after ED, is Irv Robinson doing a courtesy delivery in Florida, or are you picking it up in Chicago?

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
I just came back from the Detroit Auto Show to look at the new E93 335i convertible, and I must say it's quite a beauty! The only bummer is that they have a Montego (darker) blue E93 sitting near the ceiling and not on the floor. Strange. I had wanted a closer look.

Anyway, I think i'm ready to place an order now (week of January 15) for ED in mid/late April. I think I'd like to Montego Blue with grey leather and brushed aluminum trim. What do you think of this combination?

Are there any pictures of this color combination on any other BMW model so I can see how the colors work?

Thanks!
I have monaco blue over gray leather on my 06 330 convertible (the generation prior to the E93).

It's a beauty!!!

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Monaco is too close to black.

If I were ordering right now, I'd be going with Montego and gray.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Wow, that's saying something. :)

In that case, I think I'd like the MONACO Blue because I think Montego (lighter) is too flashy and screams "look at me!" :)

Well, let me qualify my statement. I actually like the blue exterior colors a lot, but I don't think they go very well with black interiors. I really don't like the light color interiors that go well with the blues--so that is why I like the silvers, blacks, whites, reds, etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Thanks!
Montego Blue is not the dark blue - Monaco Blue is the dark color. Montego Blue is the color used in the ad campaigns for the 335i.

My 335i Coupe is Montego Blue with Grey Leather and Dark Poplar Wood. I think it looks fantastic :)

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
Monaco is too close to black.

If I were ordering right now, I'd be going with Montego and gray.
It's dark, but I used to have a jet black over sand E46 and metallic monaco blue seems just right (to me), yes, it's dark, but it's quite blue.

Ed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, let me qualify my statement. I actually like the blue exterior colors a lot, but I don't think they go very well with black interiors. I really don't like the light color interiors that go well with the blues--so that is why I like the silvers, blacks, whites, reds, etc.
I tend to agree, which is why I'm trying to stay away from (yet another) car with black interiors. I'm concerned that beige is too light for for a convertible (and easily dirty), especially the floor mats and the floor of the car as well. I have a good impression of the grey leather/floor mat/floor carpet combination that BMW has, especially since the leather is considerably more grainy and less "smooth" than other makes, which adds to its appeal (to me). Finally, this grey is more of a grey-ish blue color to me than a solid stark grey. I'm pretty confident that a grey interior with a dark blue (Monaco) is the way to go, but I will go into the dealer to find a car that looks similar to make a final judgment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts