BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Can someone recommend any good independent mechanics in Redmond or Bellevue ? Anyone been to Midas Auto Service Experts in Bellevue ?

My side view mirrors are not working properly. Its like they have a mind of their own. The passenger side mirror tilts on reverse, but I can't adjust them from the driver's seat. I read a few old threads on this issue, but it doesnt look like I can do it myself at home.

I also chipped the passenger side view mirror's casing (plastic part) while backing out of my driveway today morning :( Can this be repaired at home ?

Thanks!

·
2,271 Posts
Hey all,

Can someone recommend any good independent mechanics in Redmond or Bellevue ? Anyone been to Midas Auto Service Experts in Bellevue ?

My side view mirrors are not working properly. Its like they have a mind of their own. The passenger side mirror tilts on reverse, but I can't adjust them from the driver's seat. I read a few old threads on this issue, but it doesnt look like I can do it myself at home.

I also chipped the passenger side view mirror's casing (plastic part) while backing out of my driveway today morning :( Can this be repaired at home ?

Thanks!
I can't recommend any mechanics in Redmond.
Do not take your car to a MIDAS shop. Take your car to a BMW specialized shop.

Your side mirrors are supposed to tilt down when backing up. It's by design.

You can replace your mirrors at home: 1. find the part at realoem.com, 2. order the part from the forum sponsors, 3. buy a Bentley repair Manual (bentley is just a name, not the car).

Good luck and read the wiki linked above

1 - 3 of 3 Posts