BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get thoughts on of this is good lease or not; thank you in advance!

** UPDATED **

- 36 months
- 12k/yr
- $0 down

MSRP:$56,220

Your Price Invoice $52,895 plus $499 dealer handling

12 k lease=62% residual

.00137% MF buy rate

$713 with Denver taxes

My X3 xDrive28i

2.0 liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder
xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive

BASE MSRP

$40,950

M Sport

$2,700

Carbon Black Metallic

$550

Mocha Nevada Leather w/exclusive orange contrast stitching

$1,450

Fineline Anthracite Wood Trim with PearlGloss Chrome highlight

$0

Driver Assistance Package

$950

Dynamic Handling Package

$1,300

Lighting Package

$900

20" M Double Spoke wheels - style 310M with performance run-flat tires

$950

Technology Package

$2,750

Heated front seats

$500

Panoramic moonroof

$1,350

Harman Kardon surround sound system

$875

Destination & Handling:

$995

Total MSRP as Built $56,220

MF= .00137
LEASE QUOTE: $661 (plus tax)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get thoughts on of this is good lease or not; thank you in advance!

- 36 months
- 12k/yr
- $0 down

My X3 xDrive28i

BASE MSRP

$40,950

M Sport

$2,700

Carbon Black Metallic

$550

$1,450

$0

$950

Dynamic Handling Package

$1,300

Lighting Package

$900

$950

Technology Package

$2,750

Heated front seats

$500

Panoramic moonroof

$1,350

$875

Destination & Handling:

$995

MF= .00137
You have the vehicle listed here, but not nearly enough information for anyone to helpyo. No cap cost (selling price) no cost of fees, if tax is paid up front on the lease or monthly, etc etc.

No mileage or terms of lease, no if you are considering multiple security deposits or if they are included....

With all that being said, only the lease price to go on, it looks terrible to me, because I am paying $620 ish for a 435 that had an MSRP of 64.5K, but your lease number looks to me like you are paying MSRP and rolling in fees.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Hi all,

- 36 months
- 12k/yr
- $0 down

My X3 xDrive28i

BASE MSRP

$40,950

M Sport

$2,700

Carbon Black Metallic

$550

$1,450

$0

$950

Dynamic Handling Package

$1,300

Lighting Package

$900

$950

Technology Package

$2,750

Heated front seats

$500

Panoramic moonroof

$1,350

$875

Destination & Handling:

$995

MF= .00137
Okay, that's enough information for me to calculate exactly what the deal is. I backed everything out to arrive at exactly $661.00 per month, plus tax, for 36 months at 12,000 miles per year and zero down payment.

I will assume that you are familiar with leasing and know exactly what you said when you posted your lease numbers. In particular, I will assume that you understand exactly what it means to say $0 down. That means you are not making a down payment on this lease, also known as a cap reduction. Instead you will be paying all of the normal and customary charges on delivery but without any down payment. Now that we had that out of the way, let's proceed.

The MSRP is $56,220.00. The cap cost is $54,257.25. Your monthly payment is $661.00 + tax ($538.91 depreciation + $122.09 rental charge -- .00137 MF = 3.29% APR). Your tax in Denver is 7.65%. Therefore the payment would be $661.00 + $50.57 tax = $711.57. Your residual is $34,856.40 (62%).

On delivery you will pay the first monthly payment of $711.57 plus the BMWFS lease acquisition fee of $925.00 + the dealer's doc fee of anywhere from $249 to $689 in Colorado because Colorado does not regulate dealer doc fees + the applicable DMV fees. Whatever that total comes to is what you will owe on delivery.

If the dealer actually included the $925 lease acquisition fee and/or his doc fee in the cap cost, then the numbers would change but you didn't say anything about that in your request for comments. If you wish to change any of the numbers you presented, then just post what your changes are and I can give you a new breakdown.

:)

·
Registered
736 Posts
I am paying less than $600 for a 535x with 15k a year with a MSRP of over $63,000
I'm paying less on a $65k 535xi for 24mo/24k miles and we know 2 year leases aren't cheap. I'm under $600. Now I'm sure they bought my 2014 535xi at a great rate from BMWFS. I had 3 years of worry free happy driving till AC condenser went.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm paying less on a $65k 535xi for 24mo/24k miles and we know 2 year leases aren't cheap. I'm under $600. Now I'm sure they bought my 2014 535xi at a great rate from BMWFS. I had 3 years of worry free happy driving till AC condenser went.
Can you and zoombie99 pm me your breakdowns if you don't mind? I'm going in about two weeks for a 535xi. No UDE or other discounts besides USAA and I plan on doing MSDs. Thanks!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Here is the deal I made last July. Got another $1,000 BMWCCA rebate which is not part of my numbers since I got the check directly from BMW. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1467487164.802573.jpg

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Here is the deal I made last July. Got another $1,000 BMWCCA rebate which is not part of my numbers since I got the check directly from BMW. View attachment 569217
Thats a good deal but right now 5 series residuals are INSANE. 36/10 is 67%(!!!). If someone takes a 5 series off the lot (2016), they can get a GREAT deal. If I was in the market for a 5 series, I would go now, not later, if I was leasing to get the best selection on 5s.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Thats a good deal but right now 5 series residuals are INSANE. 36/10 is 67%(!!!). If someone takes a 5 series off the lot (2016), they can get a GREAT deal. If I was in the market for a 5 series, I would go now, not later, if I was leasing to get the best selection on 5s.
Yes, it's a very good deal on leasing a new 2016 5-series right now and you can safely count on it being the same through the end of August. In other words, a two-month program just like the May/June program was a two month program. Then when September rolls around they will have to decide what comes next but they're really throwing a lot of support at the 2016 5-series right now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If I hadn't already made the decision to stick with the 5 series, these numbers definitely would have sealed the deal. I've been rolling the dice hoping the July programs would be awesome and it paid off with 3 weeks left on my lease. I already told my CA what I was looking for in terms of packages and color (Dark Graphite) though I may choose an alternative plan b color (Mineral Gray) just in case!

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Yes, it's a very good deal on leasing a new 2016 5-series right now and you can safely count on it being the same through the end of August. In other words, a two-month program just like the May/June program was a two month program. Then when September rolls around they will have to decide what comes next but they're really throwing a lot of support at the 2016 5-series right now. :thumbup:
The only reason I was suggesting to move sooner rather than later, is for selection. My thinking was, with these deals, the 5s will (should) sell, the longer a person waits, the harder it might be to find the right car sitting on a lot somewhere that you want.

Kinda like a clearance sale on clothes or something (lol).. wait too long and all there is left is smediums and 5X large....:)rofl:)

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
The only reason I was suggesting to move sooner rather than later, is for selection. My thinking was, with these deals, the 5s will (should) sell, the longer a person waits, the harder it might be to find the right car sitting on a lot somewhere that you want.

Kinda like a clearance sale on clothes or something (lol).. wait too long and all there is left is smediums and 5X large....:)rofl:)
Except that I think they're still making 2016 5's right now and they plan to make a special limited edition (probably limited to 500 examples) at the end of their F10 run before they shut down to change over to the new G30. I believe the F10 has four months left to run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
** THANKS FOR REPLIES TO MY ORINGAL QUESTION; IVE UPDATED WITH MF, RESIDUALS AND OTHER INFO. For people with 5 Series or other, I love you got nice deals but I'm hoping to keep my thread on topic.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
** THANKS FOR REPLIES TO MY ORINGAL QUESTION; IVE UPDATED WITH MF, RESIDUALS AND OTHER INFO. For people with 5 Series or other, I love you got nice deals but I'm hoping to keep my thread on topic.
I already answered your question in excruciating detail in Post #5: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9742537&postcount=5

You did not update the MF, you left that exactly the same as your original post .00137, which is the buy rate.

You did not update the residual, it's still 62% just as your original post.

The only thing you added was a claimed selling price of $53,394 ($52,859 + $499). What difference does that make? I already gave you the exact cap cost based on your stated payment of $661 + tax. That won't change just because you posted what they told you is the cap cost. You're still off by more than $800.

Now you have to tell us what else was included in that cap cost to account for that amount. Did you ever tell us exactly how much you will be paying on delivery in drive-offs? No, you did not? Did you ever tell us how much their dealer doc fee is and whether it's in the cap cost or the drive-offs? No, you did not. Did you ever say if they are going to include the $925 BMWFS lease acquisition fee in the cap or in the drive-offs? No, you did not.

None of that matters at this point because I already told you to the penny what you are paying for this car if your payment is exactly $661 + tax. That's doesn't change just because you now have a claimed cap cost.

My overall impression of this deal is that it is extremely good unless they are going to hit you with a ridiculous doc fee in the drive-offs that you don't even know about, apparently, since you haven't said anything about it yet. You understand, I assume, that Colorado does not have a law regulating dealer doc fees. They vary from $249 to $689 in your state. Most BMW dealers use $249 or $349. I suspect your dealership probably uses $349 but you haven't said anything about that yet because you probably don't know that yet.

I don't know what more you want? You already have exactly what I told you in Post #5. None of that changes unless you change the $661/month + tax payment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I already answered your question in excruciating detail in Post #5: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9742537&postcount=5

You did not update the MF, you left that exactly the same as your original post .00137, which is the buy rate.

You did not update the residual, it's still 62% just as your original post.

The only thing you added was a claimed selling price of $53,394 ($52,859 + $499). What difference does that make? I already gave you the exact cap cost based on your stated payment of $661 + tax. That won't change just because you posted what they told you is the cap cost. You're still off by more than $800.

Now you have to tell us what else was included in that cap cost to account for that amount. Did you ever tell us exactly how much you will be paying on delivery in drive-offs? No, you did not? Did you ever tell us how much their dealer doc fee is and whether it's in the cap cost or the drive-offs? No, you did not. Did you ever say if they are going to include the $925 BMWFS lease acquisition fee in the cap or in the drive-offs? No, you did not.

None of that matters at this point because I already told you to the penny what you are paying for this car if your payment is exactly $661 + tax. That's doesn't change just because you now have a claimed cap cost.

My overall impression of this deal is that it is extremely good unless they are going to hit you with a ridiculous doc fee in the drive-offs that you don't even know about, apparently, since you haven't said anything about it yet. You understand, I assume, that Colorado does not have a law regulating dealer doc fees. They vary from $249 to $689 in your state. Most BMW dealers use $249 or $349. I suspect your dealership probably uses $349 but you haven't said anything about that yet because you probably don't know that yet.

I don't know what more you want? You already have exactly what I told you in Post #5. None of that changes unless you change the $661/month + tax payment.

Thanks. I appreciated your thoughts, I simply was curious about a few opinions as to how good a lease this was. "An extremely good deal" is subjective; what's "an extremely good deal" to you may stink to someone else, etc.... again, thanks for your input though.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Thanks. I appreciated your thoughts, I simply was curious about a few opinions as to how good a lease this was. "An extremely good deal" is subjective; what's "an extremely good deal" to you may stink to someone else, etc.... again, thanks for your input though.
You're welcome and good luck! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts