BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd pass along a good website for planning a visit to Munich, www.munich.de. It has all sorts of tourist information and has an events calendar searchable by date -- for instance, I discovered that 1860 Munchen will be playing at the Allianz Arena while I'm there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
676 Posts
You're right. That website is going to be very helpful in planning our trip. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You will find that if you add (www.town/city) .de (germany), .at (austria), .ch (switzerland), .li (Liechtenstein), etc. to most towns (even smaller towns) you want to stay in or visit it will give you the town website (usually an english translation option). This website will be most helpful for places to stay, events, sightseeing, etc.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Another good site,

which I mentioned several months ago is this one: http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/

Lots of info by expats from the US and other countries, in English.

I asked specifically about how to find the S bahn and U bahn platforms after disembarking from our Regional train in the Hauptbahnhof, and got some great, thorough answers.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I used the munich.de website back in March to have a taxi meet me at the airport (Rolf was unavailable for 4 adults that day). I did everything online and when I arrived their was a gentleman with my name on a card waiting for me and my family, it was 40 euros to the Le Meridien. Also, I ordered the taxi online for the next morning to take us to the BMW delivery center, 35 euros. The website was very easy to use.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts