BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend messed my beloved X5d up pretty bad.
Looking for the following parts near 12566 (near Middletown NY)
Hood
Front bumper cover
2 Adaptive Headlights
Both fenders
Radiator
Condenser
Intercooler
Active DEF tank
Many more parts in the front needed. Just seeing if there's anyone near first.
Texts are welcomed too 845-866-1023
Thanks anyone!
Shawn

·
Registered
317 Posts
Most of these parts are going to be hard to find in a local junk yard, craigslist or even your forum community, your best start is searching on Ebay, Rockauto, FCP Gordon's, Autohausaz ect.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,702 Posts
Do you not have insurance????

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey there, VR. Try this website, www.iaai.com. This, I believe, is a website that handles late model wrecks, once the insurance company assumes ownership of the vehicle. If they cannot help you out directly, maybe they can give you some guidance as to how and where to source parts. My friend once was involved with purchasing vehicles at insurance auction, and he turned me on to this site. I as well would like a convenient source for the random part here and there. I guess is that many of these late model wrecks skip the traditional "junk yard" due to the value of the individual parts (obvious)...and head to professional reclaiming people. I hope this helps you in some way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help everyone. I only had basic liability, not collision. I paid cash for my X5 and I've never had an accident my whole 45 years of life.. my mistake
I'm checking these sites now!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,702 Posts
And I take it ex-friend has no insurance?

IMO, junkyard parts (if you dont have a commercial relationship with them) are pretty expensive these days... only about 20-30% cheaper than dealer prices with good discounts

There was a car being parted out recently, ebay I think. If you find someone selling a bunch of parts, send them a message and see if they want to do a package deal for everything you need, provided it is a match for your car and they still have them.

Sucks.

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
https://www.hollanderparts.com
You can search by zip. That's the entire recycled parts inventory that is available to insurance companies and collision repairers, only they have it automatically embedded into estimating system. That site is just another way to show the inventory. A and B rated parts are insurance repair quality, A being best.

For any non shiny parts, 2x check against vendors who advertise here such as FCP Euro.

·
Fool on the Hill
229 Posts
I learned my lesson at age 17 when a "friend" dumped my new to me motorcycle. These days, it is very rare that anyone gets to pilot anything I own with a value over $10K. As Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts