BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a BMW. 330i with performance package seems to be the best bang for the buck. One of our local dealers has a CPO '04 with performance pkg, leather, metallic, sunroof, heated seats, PDC, and xenon, listed for $28900. This seems to be in line with KBB/Edmunds. Edmunds dealer retail - $27600 (non-CPO)/ $29900 (CPO).

The problem is, there are two more 330i ZHP in dealerships around here, they are similarly equipped (except they are not CPO), and they are a LOT cheaper (under $25k).

So, is Edmunds way off as far as retail prices of used BMWs, or are prices of those two other 330i's too good to be true?

If anyone is kind enough to run them through carfax, here are their VIN numbers -

Certified pre-owned - WBAEV53484KM07901

Non-certified - WBAEV53424KM07764 (asking price $24999), WBAEV53434KM05747 (asking price $24777)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I sold a 2004 330/ZHP for $28,500 a couple of months ago. Just about the same options. Granted mine was in better than showroom condition (super clean) and only had 15k miles on it. I would imagine that condition is the major difference between the cars that you have listed, but certified usually adds 1.5 - 2K to the price tag. Personally, I would spend more for a really clean, well cared for car than I would on one that needed any fixing up. Not that there is anything wrong with buying a car that needs a few things fixed and a thorough detailing, but given the choice between two cars, I would pick the nicer one, even if it means spending a couple thousand more.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,903 Posts
That price sounds pretty much in line with what you'll find BMW dealers offering '04 CPOs. Are you aware of the 2.9% financing BMWFS is offering on '04 3ers? http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/...77B290C8C41/0/CPO_SpecialOffer_August2007.pdf This is to help move the many cars coming in off lease.

With the others being '04 models, I'd be curious why they didn't get picked up by a BMW dealer to sell as CPOs. Non-CPO ZHPs can definitely be had in the $25k price range.

BMW has a pretty high standard for its' CPO cars.

I paid $28.9k for my '04 ZHP back in April and I only got 3.9% financing. :(

fyi - Asking for CarFax reports is not allowed here and will get your post locked or deleted.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't know about asking for carfax, sorry.

It's good to know about 2.9% financing.

Does anyone remember when '05 3-series started appearing in dealerships? Is it too early for '05 lease returns?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,979 Posts
multiple 04 ZHP's in my area (Alabama) for 24k and under....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, noticed you were in SD... BMW of SD had a CPO 05 for 28.5.. no PDC, heated seats and a manual in IR. Just FYI..

If you want Service checks, you might want to head to the Ask-A-Dealer Forum. Sometimes those will show stuff that's not on carfax.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks interesting. I'm ambivalent about the color, though. I'm inclined towards something less conspicuous. (Owning a BMW is conspicuous enough!)

<off topic>
They certainly hid it very well. It does not even show up in pre-owned inventory on their web site (maybe it's already sold?) Autotrader ad does not mention performance or ZHP.
</off topic>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts