BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started talking to my dealer about ed and he gave me this price: "European Invoice + 3% + Mats ($100) + State and Shop Inspection ($100) + Wash/Wax ($50)...To this we would add Doc Fee ($398) + DMV Fee ($62) + 3% Highway Use Tax for a
total, out the door price."
...Is this a good price? What is the 3% highway use tax(is it the same as sales tax?)? Also anyone else have to pay these other fees(doc fee seems very high?)? If I should try for lower where should I aim for?
Also if it helps, I am looking to get a 325i w/ beige leatherette, nav./idrive, power seats, maybe comfort access if it is available. Also I'm in Raleigh, NC.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Username18 said:
I just started talking to my dealer about ed and he gave me this price: "European Invoice + 3% + Mats ($100) + State and Shop Inspection ($100) + Wash/Wax ($50)...To this we would add Doc Fee ($398) + DMV Fee ($62) + 3% Highway Use Tax for a
...Is this a good price? What is the 3% highway use tax(is it the same as sales tax?)? Also anyone else have to pay these other fees(doc fee seems very high?)? If I should try for lower where should I aim for?
Also if it helps, I am looking to get a 325i w/ beige leatherette, nav./idrive, power seats, maybe comfort access if it is available. Also I'm in Raleigh, NC.
Thanks!
3% over invoice is like what..maybe $1200 or so ? That would be a killer deal. I don't know what the highway use tax is in NC. You should ask your dealer, or maybe go to another dealer and see if he also charges 3% for this. Doc fees seem high...maybe that's why he offered 3% over invoice. BTW, most people offer a fixed amount over invoice, not a %. That way, the dealer's profit is fixed. If you do a % over, his profit varies by how many options you choose. Like Uncle Fester said, visit the ED forum for lots more info.

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Username18 said:
Thanks!
I don't know what the tax laws for your individual state are, but the fees seem reasonable (if any tax is reasonable, but save that for poly sci). However, I wouldn't pay someone $50 to wash my new car; they never do as good a job as me. Also, ED cars come with mats, just not the same ones as the dealer has; search for many posts on this. Also, why is state and shop inspection necessary? The car is inspected in the U.S. at VPC, same as any other incoming BMW. Still overall, the price seems reasonable.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't like all those fees

Username18 said:
Thanks!
I just did ED from the legendary Joern Esser of PASSPORT BMW for approx $1200 over ED invoice. There are no other fees except Taxes and DMV. He can arrange to have you car dropped off at a local dealer although he dealer may charge a fee. Joern will treat you like a friend right from the start. Give him a call 301-702-6407 before finalizing any deal. You can mention my name.

Larry B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.