BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a month since I ordered my 325ci(silver/black'ette,sp,hk,sunroof,alum trim) and another month before I take delivery.:cry: I 've been lurking on this board passing time and hopefully I will have pics of my new ride soon.:D . I will miss my 97 Prelude but a bimmer is a nice alternative:D :thumb:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Vans325ci said:
..but a bimmer is a nice alternative:D :thumb:
Alternative is not the word I would use:eeps: I departed 8 years of Honda ownership when I came to the BMW family. All the Hondas were very reliable and were constructed but the driver feed back, handling and over all balance make the BMW the answer not the alternative IMO:D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Echo, the previous comments. Honda's are good cars but they're BORING. All us ex Honda owners, ... must be the start of a trend. :angel:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
i bought a 1987 white prelude si w/ 75,000 miles on it for $5000 in 1993. it ran like a *champ* and 90,000 miles later, i finally sold it for $2000.. 167,000 miles on the odo, and all it needed was a new A/C compressor, which would have cost 900 bux, so i just sold it.

to this day, that was my favorite car i've ever owned...including 5 bmw's i might add. built solid like u never see today. fantastic seats, dead-solid reliable.

it looked like this one, but i didn't have those ugly wheels:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
ObD said:
Echo, the previous comments. Honda's are good cars but they're BORING. All us ex Honda owners, ... must be the start of a trend. :angel:
I just traded in my 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe for my 325i. Definitely a huge step up, but for about $13,000 brand new the Civic can't be beat.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
I've had 3 preludes..and I LOVED all of them... not one thing ever happened to any of them ever. Solid as rock, and was pretty fast with the vtec man. not one rattle or noise... I would be happy with another one any day.... love the bimmer tooo.

·
3,762 Posts
ObD said:
....and ditto here too. 10+ years of all Hondas. I think the biggest problem with the bland handling is the lack of decent tires. Honda uses such narrow, high-mileage tires. Forget about grip. The suspension is surely up to the task, but the car is only as good as its weakest link (the tires).

·
Registered
201 Posts
We are comparing GOOD ORANGES with GOOD APPLES! I've had two preludes. Both bought new, solid, fun to drive, other than normal wear no problems at all. :thumb: One thing about prelude, it has a smoother stick shift than BMW IMHO.:thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
same here too.

3 Hondas over a 15+ year span, including 10 in a 85 Prelude, which was the best car I ever had, AC problems started at year 9.

very, very new here, I am about to buy a 330i, (it will be my first BMW) got a million questions...

ready?

PS: about my name, sorry if it sounds "unfriendly", remember in the openning battle of Gladiator, Russel Crow says to his Commander "Upon my mark unleash hell"?

well that's were I got it...

steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
I still have my 1990 Integra GS.

It has served as my "spare" car for about 2 years now. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. It's a kickass little 1.8 and it's never given me a bit of trouble.

It's the reason I nearly went with the CL S-Type instead of the 330Ci.

(in the end though, I just couldn't get the Bimmer out of my head so I had to give it a try. :thumb: )

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
DSinSoCal said:
(in the end though, I just couldn't get the Bimmer out of my head so I had to give it a try. :thumb: )
This is too true; it's like a disease, an infection if you will. I was hell bent on getting a yellow IS300 (I still drool over that car, even though its performance numbers have come under fire) but as soon as I stepped into the 330 I knew it was meant to be. ;)

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
robg said:
Chris-

That's the first time I've seen you mention you love of the IS300. I don't think you've ever admitted that before...:dunno:
Well it's kinda like a dark secret... I feel semi-comfortable discussing it within the confines of this board, but I've taken hell for it elsewhere. =)

I used to be a pretty avid poster over @ is300.net -- now I barely have time to sit around on just one board. =/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.