BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 255/35/18- Good for ZSP's?

1350 4
I'm considering the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 18" tires for my 2003 330I ZSP w/ M 18" wheel upgrades. They seem to have very good overall scores on Tirerack.com and the prices are pretty competitive in the class.

I'm just wondering if they indeed are good tires for my car. Thread life is especially important to me as I want these tires to last as long as possible (for obvious $$ reasons -_-)

BTW, what about Yokohama AVS1000? They are relatively cheap. How's their performance and durability?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Car and Driver recently had a sidebar on these (for one of their long term test cars) and slagged them pretty well.

None of the really high performance tires are going to have great tread life. You could go to a less aggressive tire, but then you lose performance.

From what I've read on the boards/experienced myself, I would buy (will buy) either Toyo T1Ss or Michelin PS2s for my ZHP, depending on how much money I decide to drop. The T1S is a good tire and relatively inexpensive, though not necessarily easy to find. The PS2, from what people have said and from my limited experience with them, seems to be the hot ticket right now.

I will never buy the Bridgestone S-03s, which a lot of people like, because I think they tramline waaaay too much.
startover said:
I'm considering the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 18" tires for my 2003 330I ZSP w/ M 18" wheel upgrades. They seem to have very good overall scores on Tirerack.com and the prices are pretty competitive in the class.

I'm just wondering if they indeed are good tires for my car. Thread life is especially important to me as I want these tires to last as long as possible (for obvious $$ reasons -_-)

BTW, what about Yokohama AVS1000? They are relatively cheap. How's their performance and durability?
I have not had good luck with treadwear on the Goodyears.

Last summer, I got 6k out of my rears.
startover said:

I just installed 4 Eagle F1 GS-D3 on my 545, and I can not get them balanced correctly, I have tried 4 times using the Hunter road force machine, but a vibration always returns after a couple of days, I suspect that these tires flat spot very easily. I posted this on the E60 forum and a couple of members posted having similar problems with these tires, I would stay away from them, I do not mind short duration, but I can not stand vibration.
startover said:

For what it is worth, I have 225/45/ZR17 GS-D3s mounted on 17X7.5"rims on our 2004 RSXtypeS, this will be the third summer (End of April to about Thanksgiving) for them. Tread life is about what I expected for use in spirited driving. I go to several events with friends that drive S2000s and have little problem keeping up, in the twisties. This will probably be the last summer for them, though. I found them to be truly awesome in the rain, not paying attention to the speedo and finding myself driving faster than usual, in heavy rains. Had to turn my attention back to the speedo.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.