BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always kept a small pocket knife in my door storage bin/center console - but I recently found this knife from Coleman - it's got a rope/seat-belt cutter and a window breaker built in:

http://amzn.to/29MtvEq

• 4.5" closed,3CR13 stainless steel blade with thumb stud
  • Black G10 handle helps prevent slippery, ensures insulation and corrosion resistance
  • Gray titanium coated stainless steel blade added strength and durability
  • Includes rope cutter and glass breaker at the end
  • Comes complete with a pocket clip for easy and safe carry
The best part? It's reduced from $19.99 to $10.49!!

I'm really pleased with this knife - we're going to get a handful more so the Mrs can have one and as gift for the kids ... :D

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
At first glance I thought you posted "Got a new wife for me car..." :rofl:

I like that knife. Maybe I'll get one myself. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heheh - no - not a wife... this one is rather tenacious... :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Both knife and wife will solve problems for you. So maybe you should keep a wife right next to the wife, as long as they're not touching.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
At first glance I thought you posted "Got a new wife for me car..." :rofl:

I like that knife. Maybe I'll get one myself. :dunno:
wifie problems? :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
I keep a machete in the trunk and hatch of each car and SUV we own...most vulnerable time in parking lot is when you are putting things in trunk or back of car

·
Registered
790 Posts
A hn.40 is a much better choice. They have them on sale at palmetto firearms for 349.00 with night sites. Remember , don't bring a knife to a gun fight!! Make sure that you keep your weapon on you , even if it's a knife. You will not have time to look around for it when you need it.

·
Registered fo life
98 Posts
Got a 6" butterfly knife in my car. It's mainly used for opening bottles.

I've also got a pair of nunchucks in my other car. Yes, I know how to use them but never had to on someone.

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
I always get new stuff for my car. A handy knife, an auto specific flashlight, emergency doodads of all sorts. Even got one of them silvered blankets in case there happened to be a blizzard on the way home from work.

Never used one of 'em.

I like buying toys for my car. Just as I like buying toys for my grand-dogs. But do they appreciate them? No.

·
Banned
2,532 Posts
Good price on that knife! I carry two in the vehicle, nothing fancy, one is a utiliy type (Leatherman) and the other is a K-Bar, hidden near the rear hatch...just in case.

·
Registered fo life
98 Posts
I always get new stuff for my car. A handy knife, an auto specific flashlight, emergency doodads of all sorts. Even got one of them silvered blankets in case there happened to be a blizzard on the way home from work.

Never used one of 'em.

I like buying toys for my car. Just as I like buying toys for my grand-dogs. But do they appreciate them? No.
You never know when that one day may come (lets hope it never does). It's like wearing a seat belt.. some people have been doing it for years but never been in a car accident. It's always good to be prepared for that one moment that you never see coming.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,373 Posts
I drive with a knife held in my teeth....

I mean, ya never know- right???

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Here in IN, many many people have guns, and very fortunately, there isn't much shooting here, if you got into fender bender, got angry, your knife is no match for a gun.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here in IN, many many people have guns, and very fortunately, there isn't much shooting here, if you got into fender bender, got angry, your knife is no match for a gun.
who said it would be? I have a firearm in the car as well. The knife is for knife-type applications ffs. :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts