Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new silver '05 330i, ZPP & ZSP. Love my new ride!! I am not used to drive it without tinted windows (Every car & Jeeps I owned, the windows are always tinted).

Do anybody know which brand of window film is best? I'll have the pros install them for me...

The brands are:

FORMULAONE Performance Automotive Film
Solar Gard
LLumar
3M Scotchtint
Vista
SunTek Films

-madmax

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I have Sun Tek and am happy with that. They come with a lifetime guarantee, but then again, they all probably do. I'm getting tint on my new car tomorrow

·
Registered
15 Posts
3M tint is the most common, they do come with lifetime warranty against fading, peeling and bubbling. Regular 3M tint is about $180

Metalic film Interferes with the nav and many tint shops advised that it would also interfere with AM radio reception also. Look into ceramic-based film.

I was quoted $250 for the Formula One Classic. You can look for a dealer here http://www.formulaone.com/ they do offer this : the warranty is lifetime and is good for labor and materials. And...get this...it's a national warranty! That means you can take the car to any FormulaOne shop in the country and get your car fixed for free if something happens. Very nice.

Straight from Lexus forums on Solarguard Tints.

"Well, with Solargard, they have a lifetime warranty that it won't fade and peel, crack, bubble, etc... And they said because it isn't metallic, it shouldn't have a problem with changing color anyway. I've had regular tint on my 1997 camry for 9 years now and it hasn't changed color, bubbled or anything since it was installed."

Decisions Decisions =) That's all the info I have on tints.

Good Luck, keep us updated.

·
Registered
639 Posts
3M, It's been around awhile. I have had all of my cars tinted with 3M film, never had a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts