BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down the street, minding my own business. Then all of the sudden - BANG! Sounded like someone hit my passenger side door with a baseball bat! There was no car there, so I feared the worst - catastrophic suspension failure or something similar! However the car drive just fine.

My daughter who was in the back seat said she saw something black flying through the air.

Uh oh.

I stopped for gas about 10 minutes later and there it was - a 3" gash on the passenger door. It started down low behind the front tire then clipped the moulding then put a nice slash in the door, right in the middle about 6" below the window.

Took it over for an estimate. $982. :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh well, there goes the digital camera fund :( :cry: :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
hockeynut said:
Took it over for an estimate. $982. :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh well, there goes the digital camera fund. :( :cry: :thumbdwn:
Ouch! Sorry to hear that man :(. Not making an insurance claim?

The person that threw the rock is lucky you didn't see them :angel:

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xspeedy said:
Sorry to hear that HN. This was done to your BMW?
Yep. If it was the Corolla I wouldn't care. If it was the Maxima it would have been Mrs Hockenut driving!

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James said:
Ouch! Sorry to hear that man :(. Not making an insurance claim?

The person that threw the rock is lucky you didn't see them :angel:
$1k deductible :(

Looks like it was tossed up from the tire - I see a mark down low near the front tire, then a straight line across the scratched molding to the big old mark on the door.

·
Coupe OR Never
1,446 Posts
Something similar happened to me 2 years ago. I heard a bang coming from behind. When I checked it, I saw yellow paint oozing down. Some kid was having fun with his paintball gun. At least it didn't cost me...

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robsa said:
Time to dump the car and go on a ED for a hardtop convertible.
No way! At least now if I get something off of the roof it will just bounce!

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
iskoos said:
Ouch!!!
Is that $982 ?????
Yep. Its the blending/etc that gets ya. Plus the molding needs to be replaced (it has a nasty cut where the rock sliced past it on its way to my door).

And the $982 includes $50 for a ding on the other side that just needs a little PDR.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
xspeedy said:
Is that a small dent? If so, PDR the dent and try your best to fill in the scratch, sand, and polish.
The guy at Berli's looked at it and said he could make it look better for a lot less money but if I want it back to 100% then gotta do it the right way.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I know that has to hurt :cry: I would be really mad :mad: if that happened to me. In the bright side, I love the finish on your car. That is a lot of money to get the car fixed, but I think it's worth it.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mikevaquez said:
I know that has to hurt :cry: I would be really mad :mad: if that happened to me. In the bright side, I love the finish on your car. That is a lot of money to get the car fixed, but I think it's worth it.
Thats what I say. This place charges more than the others but their work is head and shoulders above the others too.

·
Registered
523 Posts
hockeynut said:
Thats what I say. This place charges more than the others but their work is head and shoulders above the others too.
Well you know what they say, "You get what you pay for!" I would want to see what kind of job they have done, and if they have ever dealt with BMW's. I would be very nit picky because it is a BMW.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mikevaquez said:
Well you know what they say, "You get what you pay for!" I would want to see what kind of job they have done, and if they have ever dealt with BMW's. I would be very nit picky because it is a BMW.
They specialize in BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, Land Rover, Viper, Prowler and are well known around Austin as THE place for body/paint work. They are also known as THE most expensive so people don't take Hyndais or Kias there.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts