Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
amoung other things, including no front plate, and no liability insurance (BS, had it)

No, I was NOT street racing. I went to the baseball game with my family and some friends, incuding my near-80 grandmother who can barely walk now. She is moving to Houston and has rarely left the house, so we went to the game (she loves baseball). We had good seats and a parking pass, so we parked right in front of the stadium. I was driving my father's car out of the lot to leave, he has an E39 M5. So we are just leaving the lot, which turns into a 4 lane street and we were the only car in the middle of street. Had my dad, mom, and elderly grandmother with me. The light was turning red, still yellow when we went through. The car was in first at less than 1500rpms. Seeing that the light was changing, I had to make a choice. Went though. Accelerated the car slowly (NO tire squealing, DSC ON, Sport button OFF) from about 5 to 20-25 or 1500-less than 3500 rpms. As I do this, a cop on a horse yells at me and older me to "cut it off NOW!!!" I do so and think that I am about to get a ticket for running a red light (it was yellow) even thought the cross street was closed. He comes up on horseback and is screaming at me for endagering all the pedestrians and such. There were none on the srteet or within 50 feet. I was shocked at how amazingly rude this asshole was. Screaming at me and seeming to try to piss me off. A bunch of yelling from him ensues. Of couse, I co-opererate immedeatly and give him insurance and licence. He goes back and writes up his tickets and such. Comes back and yells at me some more. I foolishly say when I find out what I'm being charged with (and get very pissed at this jerk) "that's bull-shit!!" He asked at one point "Why do you think I'm writing you this, do you think you were indagering anyone?" Stuff like that. I immediately said "Write the ticket for what you think is fair and we'll deal with this in court" He says "that's a great attitude you're tacking" I thought my response was legitimate and fair. My father in the passerger seat says something to the effect of "Don't you think your attitude it great, what a fine example you're setting?" He could see the cop through the sunroof since the cop was on horesback. Of course, he yells at my dad and threatens me with arrest if I say anthing more as the horse was about to eat the mirror on the M5. He orders me to the back of the car and berades me more, threatens to arrest me several more times. I sign the ticked begrugenly and go on my way.

This guy was the biggest asshole that I have ever meet. I did not violate any traffic laws and did cerainly did not endager anyone as he alleged. The tires were quiet and I barely breathed on the trottle, never exeeding 3500 in 1st gear. My father, mother and grandma all witnessed this and commented on how unprofessional this guy was. These charges are bull-shit (well, maybe not the front plate ;)) I am going to file a complaint and so is my father. He and my mom are both attorneys, so they have more knowledge about this stuff than me.

Of course, the trial is on my birthday :thumbdwn: It will be moved :rolleyes:

Anway, auto-x bright and early tomorrow :)

and cops wonder why people don't like them :mad: :mad:

not all are bad, but guys like this ruin it for them all :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Sorry to hear that Nate... I also had a "bad experience" with a cop back in NY (Nassau County).

I was driving back home from a dinner in the City with some friends, when this cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket for speeding. I ask him how fast I was going, and he says 85 Mph :yikes: (on a 55 Mph :mad: )

I told him I was probably not doing 55 Mph, but was certainly NOT doing 85 Mph either, as that would've been very, very naive. Especially because there was some road work going on (there's always road work on 495 - not at the time he pulled me over though). He doesn't even pay attention to what I'm saying... Walks back to his car, and 20-25 minutes later :yikes:, gives me a ticket for speeding: 68 Mph on 55 Mph road... :mad: In the meantime, cars were literally "flying" by us... Oh well, it could've been worse... But I spent the whole week pissed off. I just couldn't get the incident off my mind...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALEX325i said:
Sorry to hear that Nate... I also had a "bad experience" with a cop back in NY (Nassau County).

I was driving back home from a dinner in the City with some friends, when this cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket for speeding. I ask him how fast I was going, and he says 85 Mph :yikes: (on a 55 Mph :mad: )

I told him I was probably not doing 55 Mph, but was certainly NOT doing 85 Mph either, as that would've been very, very naive. Especially because there was some road work going on (there's always road work on 495 - not at the time he pulled me over though). He doesn't even pay attention to what I'm saying... Walks back to his car, and 20-25 minutes later :yikes:, gives me a ticket for speeding: 68 Mph on 55 Mph road... :mad: In the meantime, cars were literally "flying" by us... Oh well, it could've been worse... But I spent the whole week pissed off. I just couldn't get the incident off my mind...
He probably wasn't nearly the asshole that this guy was. The Astros had just won with a homerun in the bottom of the 9th and this ***** ruined the night :mad:

I also had two speeding tickets in the last two month and my paint problems :mad:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

He probably wasn't nearly the asshole that this guy was. The Astros had just won with a homerun in the bottom of the 9th and this ***** ruined the night :mad:

I also had two speeding tickets in the last two month and my paint problems :mad:
Do you have a LA or TX license? If this is the third one, you're at risk of losing your license, aren't you?

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ALEX325i said:

Do you have a LA or TX license? If this is the third one, you're at risk of losing your license, aren't you?
TX

I thought it was 6 in a year :dunno:

Speeding in TX in March, paid. Speeding in LA in April, court in July or pay.

I will NOT get conviced of this. All means necessary will be used for this. I will go to jury trial if necessary :thumb:

I hadn't gotten any in well more than a year until March :mad: I'm such a better driver than anyone else in the fawking state :mad:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

TX

I thought it was 6 in a year :dunno:

Speeding in TX in March, paid. Speeding in LA in April, court in July or pay.

I will NOT get conviced of this. All means necessary will be used for this. I will go to jury trial if necessary :thumb:

I hadn't gotten any in well more than a year until March :mad: I'm such a better driver than anyone else in the fawking state :mad:
Oh, ok. In NY you could never get that many. 10 points and your lincense's suspended... So, depending on how fast you're going over the speed limit (55 Mph), 2 tickets may be enough...

Dude, the traffic in Tampa is driving me NUTS! :mad: This has got to be the only place on Earth where people actually SLOW DOWN when they move to the fawking (I liked that :D) left lane. Oh, and forget about blinkers... I think they were never told what to use it for... :mad:

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
man, that's pretty funny (the horse and how rude the cop was, etc)... sorry for what happened... ppl in Austin almost always go for the yellow light, actually I got rear-ended real bad one time coz I braked for the yellow light.

I bet the cop didn't like your M5, and maybe the car got a little too loud when you stepped on it? sounded like he was pissed or something. I understand you were really pissed off, but the way you reacted wasn't the smartest. He *will* remember who you were and will probably show up in court to make sure you'll have to pay for the ticket. well, good luck...

--Andrew

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ALEX325i said:

Oh, ok. In NY you could never get that many. 10 points and your lincense's suspended... So, depending on how fast you're going over the speed limit (55 Mph), 2 tickets may be enough...

Dude, the traffic in Tampa is driving me NUTS! :mad: This has got to be the only place on Earth where people actually SLOW DOWN when they move to the fawking (I liked that :D) left lane. Oh, and forget about blinkers... I think they were never told what to use it for... :mad:
I don't think there is a points system here. I am almost certain that it is 6 in a year :dunno:

People in Houston are the WORST that I have ever driven in. :tsk:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ayn said:
I bet the cop didn't like your M5, and maybe the car got a little too loud when you stepped on it? sounded like he was pissed or something. I understand you were really pissed off, but the way you reacted wasn't the smartest. He *will* remember who you were and will probably show up in court to make sure you'll have to pay for the ticket. well, good luck...

--Andrew
I think that is what pissed him off. The car isn't that quiet. I barely touched the trottle though and never exeeded 25 mph:dunno:

I did get a little to hostle reacting to his rudeness, but I eventually realized that this wasn't going anywhere. I don't give a rat's ass whether he remembers or not. This will not stand up in court.

This ticket isn't even listed in the fine book, I think it is a fairly heavy charge. I will go to a jury trial if it comes to that. I had two attorneys in the car to back me up :)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I don't think there is a points system here. I am almost certain that it is 6 in a year :dunno:

People in Houston are the WORST that I have ever driven in. :tsk:
Houston drivers can't be worse than Tampa drivers... That's just impossible... I'm telling you, ppl here can't drive for $hit! :mad:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ALEX325i said:

Houston drivers can't be worse than Tampa drivers... That's just impossible... I'm telling you, ppl here can't drive for $hit! :mad:
umm...you would be SHOCKED at what goes on here :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

anyway, I gotta get up at 7am. good night :bigpimp:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

umm...you would be SHOCKED at what goes on here :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

anyway, I gotta get up at 7am. good night :bigpimp:
I'm ready to hit the sack too. Have fun tomorrow! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Nate, I would seriously consider filing a complaint against that cop. They have a duty to do, but that DOES NOT include unnecessary hostility and rudeness. Make a point that he threatened the arrest you several times without justifiable cause.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
geomax said:
Nate, I would seriously consider filing a complaint against that cop. They have a duty to do, but that DOES NOT include unnecessary hostility and rudeness. Make a point that he threatened the arrest you several times without justifiable cause.
That is under consideration :thumb:

I doubt that anything is going to happen to him. Probably just unecessary work, but it would be nice to have a complaint on his file :angel:

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
From your version it does sound like the guy was a horse's patoot. However, are you certain that at some point early on in the conversation you didn't display just a bit of an attitude? Be honest.

I've worked with law enforcement officials before. The majority of them are a credit to the profession. But if there is one universal thing that pisses them all off it's the guy or gal that displays a contempt of cop (their 'just cause' for incarcerating someone) attitude.

Regardless, there are always two sides to every story and you'll have your day in court to try to convince the judge that the charges were excessive and the law enforcement official was abusive.

Good luck!

I'll be looking out for your case to appear on Court TV!

:D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Nate,

Sorry to hear about that. :(

Like I posted last time when I was pulled over. Cops like him are jealous. Tell you what. He has a crush on the M5 you're driving. By using verbal abuse, he hopes to be the dominant one in a S&M cop-victim relationship. As a matter of fact, his enhanced voice intensity is to cover his uncomfortable erection. What's worst. The M5 comes with a sunroof. Trust me. He probably have a dozen of fetish ideas to do with that.And he does wear a pair of leather boots right? :confused: Ahh...next thing he does is to *horse* off to the nearest donut shop to work on the, ahem, donuts in his most imaginative way.

Ok, back to business.

I'd suggest you take it to the court. I did and I won. Be prepared even if you have to draw up a diagram, use PowerPoint, animation etc. Also, you've 3 witnesses too. Draft up a good plan for your defense. Say that you were threatened by his verbal abuse. Think of a way to make him display his anger in court.
:mad:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Nate, sorry to hear that.

BTW, are you going to file a complaint against the horse ? :D You said it attempted to eat the mirror :D

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
Nate, sorry to hear that.

BTW, are you going to file a complaint against the horse ? :D You said it attempted to eat the mirror :D
If he did that and if the M5 was Imola red or Apfel green I would say the case would be thrown out of court. :D :D

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
IndyMike said:
If he did that and if the M5 was Imola red or Apfel green I would say the case would be thrown out of court. :D :D
LOL! Yes, I would go only against the horse, heck with the police ! :D

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Think of a way to make him display his anger in court.
:mad:
Ahhh... yes... think "Caine Mutiny." Did he have "worry marbles?"

1 - 20 of 57 Posts