BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, it hasn't been possible to get the "configure sport mode" menu working properly on an NBT equipped car simply by changing the MACRO_FDS parameter in HU_NBT. You'd get the menu but then couldn't select one of the choices.

Today, I FDL coded the ICM module and changed Icmkod_b_sportsindividualisierbar to ein (werte 01). Lo and behold, the menu now works! (I had already coded MACRO_FDS in HU_NBT to "popup_and_configure" previously).

Apparently, 2015 F30s now get this standard and you can enable it by simply changing the "zeitkretierium" to 0714 and FA coding NBT, ICM and FEM_body. THat didn't work on my F10 so I went looking through ICM and came across that setting.

Finallly I can select the heavier sport steering without having the touchy throttle along with it. I'm very happy about this.

Note: car was recently uprgaded from 52.3 to 55.1 by the dealer, so I'm not 100% sure this would work on older versions, but I suspect it would.

· Registered
115 Posts
Can you please make and share the foto's of this menu, to understand do i need it or not? ;-)
Thank you in advance

· Premium Member
47,766 Posts
Good to know. Thanks.

· Registered
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got "configure sports mode" working on a 2014 F10

Aha, Ok. This menu i already have from factory, on pre-lci f10... Thanks for foto =)
Yeah on US cars they only give it to you if you buy an active suspension option. Used to be codeable in the cic days with just 1 parameter. They added this extra twist when nbt was introduced I guess. And it's now standard on f30s (but not f10s). Go figure. Thank god (and shawn) for coding.

· Registered
767 Posts
Am curious because my car has "standard" suspension, steering and brakes. If they can be "adjusted", that would be great!

· Registered
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Am curious because my car has "standard" suspension, steering and brakes. If they can be "adjusted", that would be great!
It will adjust the transmission, steering and throttle. But that should already happen when you select sport mode. This menu allows you to configure sport mode to only change the steering (chassis) or throttle and suspension (drivetrain). It won't affect suslebsion unless you have dhp

· Registered
230 Posts
Yeah on US cars they only give it to you if you buy an active suspension option. Used to be codeable in the cic days with just 1 parameter. They added this extra twist when nbt was introduced I guess. And it's now standard on f30s (but not f10s). Go figure. Thank god (and shawn) for coding.
What is the parm in the CIC? Thanks :thumbup:

· Registered
767 Posts
It will adjust the transmission, steering and throttle. But that should already happen when you select sport mode. This menu allows you to configure sport mode to only change the steering (chassis) or throttle and suspension (drivetrain). It won't affect suslebsion unless you have dhp
Didn't have to change build date, just coded the items listed above and now have the selectable menu under Configure Sport Mode.

So in my case (with manual transmission, "standard" steering & suspension), selecting:
  • Chassis gives me the tighter Sport Steering & Comfort accelerator
  • Drivetrain gives me a more responsive Sport accelerator & comfort steering

Is that correct?

Thank you very much

· Registered
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Didn't have to change build date, just coded the items listed above and now have the selectable menu under Configure Sport Mode.

So in my case (with manual transmission, "standard" steering & suspension), selecting:
  • Chassis gives me the tighter Sport Steering & Comfort accelerator
  • Drivetrain gives me a more responsive Sport accelerator & comfort steering

Is that correct?

Thank you very much
Correct - the transmission shift points also change when drivetrain is selected - same as when you move the shift lever to "DS" mode

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.