BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been breaking in the engine mostly in the 500-3000 rpm range. My commute is great for this. Back roads/Expressway/City/Stop and Go.

Lately I've been shifting in the Step manual mode to get some time in the 3000 to 4500 rpm range. Guess I pushed it a little hard this AM in first. DSC flashed for a few seconds and then all was well. :thumb:

Didn't stand on it but I guess I was too aggressive. :angel: Damn I love this car! :bigpimp:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I may be mistaken here, but that may have been the icon telling you to shift. I have had that come on a couple times, also in steptronic, and primarily when accelerating quickly or going toward 4500rpms. I don't recall it during any particularly aggressive cornering when you would expect the DSC to kick in.

just a thought.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Inside tire will lift and spin on my Xi

On left hand turns at say a T intersection I can get my front left tire to lift up enough from the crown of the road, my turning the wheel and enough gas to activate the DSC-X in my AWD 325Xi.

·
Now with Nano
1,310 Posts
when I blast through my favorite back road, I must trigger the damned DSC around every corner. the road requires a lot of focus and attention so if I've left it on, it stays on until I get through the road. sometimes I slow down (breaking the rhythm) and switch it off. the car handles so much better when you can swing the rear end around a little. DSC prevents this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.