Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my plates already today in the mail. This is record time of 5 working days. I picked-up the car on Sat. the 14th and Monday the 16th was a holiday. That $27 electronic filing fee must really be working well. :rolleyes:

Just when I was hoping that the plates would be slow and they arrive in freakin record time. :cry:

Going to install the rear plates and take a chance on the front with my ED plates.

·
A_BIG_KAHUNA
271 Posts
Sorry Calif..just couldn't resist..BWAhhhahahahahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ON a serious note, did ya get sand blasted today..Took two nice rocks to the window..nothing major just my first window pits..and a couple of tumble weeds jump me from the darkness. Santa Ana winds suck.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a_big_kahuna said:
Sorry Calif..just couldn't resist..BWAhhhahahahahahaha:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ON a serious note, did ya get sand blasted today..Took two nice rocks to the window..nothing major just my first window pits..and a couple of tumble weeds jump me from the darkness. Santa Ana winds suck.
LOL no worries.

Ouch sorry about the windshield.

It wasn't that windy here and besides I was parked most the day. Talking about rocks, it does seem that my car has taken quite a few shots to the windshield already, :cry: but it's survived.
:thumbup:

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
Calif65GM said:
Got my plates already today in the mail. This is record time of 5 working days. I picked-up the car on Sat. the 14th and Monday the 16th was a holiday. That $27 electronic filing fee must really be working well. :rolleyes:

Just when I was hoping that the plates would be slow and they arrive in freakin record time. :cry:

Going to install the rear plates and take a chance on the front with my ED plates.
Just because you have them, doesn't mean you have to put them on right away. I guess, in your eyes, I'm lucky. I didn't get my plates for 10 weeks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Calif65GM said:
I thought people who went through the ED route, didn't have a choice to keeping the Euro plates?:dunno:

I still have mine on the front of my car since Dec. But I had the car shipped on my own and not thru ED.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ffej said:
Just because you have them, doesn't mean you have to put them on right away. I guess, in your eyes, I'm lucky. I didn't get my plates for 10 weeks!
I know. I can deal with installing the back one, but I want to keep my front as long as possible.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mini Art said:
I thought people who went through the ED route, didn't have a choice to keeping the Euro plates?:dunno:

I still have mine on the front of my car since Dec. But I had the car shipped on my own and not thru ED.
Not sure that I understand your question. ED folks get to keep the ED plates. You have to at least leave the back plate on for transport/shipping. I couldn't get the front plate off, so I just left both ED plates on for shipping and both plates were in the trunk when I took re-delivery.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Calif65GM said:

WOW, that's quick! :yikes:

I took redelivery of my vehicle a week earlier than you but still haven't received my plates yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My dealer in IL issued new plates that day, and delivered the car with them. They must have some sort of deal with the state, or maybe dealers are moving in that direction. It was kinda convenient. Better than having to drive back to the dealer to get them, and also not having that dorky temp plate on it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Cops don't usually pull you over just because you don't have front plate. That's uusally a secondary offense if you're caugth speeding or doing something got his or her attention.

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
dtkw said:
Cops don't usually pull you over just because you don't have front plate. That's uusally a secondary offense if you're caugth speeding or doing something got his or her attention.
...and ususally only then if you're rude or were really speeding.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah it sucks getting your plates earlier than you would expect. I got mine about 5 working days later also but I didn't put them on until about a month later. I still wanted that feel of a "new car" w/o license plates. Oh well! I just put the back one plate on b/c I opt not to have the front one put on for the clean look.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Calif65GM said:

u don't have to put it on yet (front or rear). as long as u have ur temp tags up, they won't be able to ticket u. i ran with front and rear zoll plates on with my temp tags for 2 months until it expired and changed the rear plates to pa.

·
Registered
868 Posts
who cares man...just keep them in the car. if they pull you over say oh they arrived a couple of days ago and i haven't had a chance to put them on. 90% chance they just make you put them on there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
slubu said:
who cares man...just keep them in the car. if they pull you over say oh they arrived a couple of days ago and i haven't had a chance to put them on. 90% chance they just make you put them on there.
You know that depends on the cop. I had my car for less than a month w/temp reg and a Euro plate on the back, got pulled over by CHP who told me that the Euro plates aren't legit. I said but the car is still registered to be driven on CA roads and the temp is valid for 6 months not 90 days as he stated. He then said "if the DMV has sent you the plates I am going to give you a ticket..........:confused: " WTF!?!?!? I told him even if they sent me the plates that doesnt mean that I recieved them???? He went back to his bike called it in and said your plates were sent to you on such date already.........once again I said "so what?" I didn't get them........the A$$HOLE gave me the ticket:mad:

I fought the ticket and won.............now when my new car comes in March I have a copy of the Vehicle Code and a copy of the dismissal in the glove for the next DUMBA$$ who tells me otherwise. :thumbup:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sinjin said:
You know that depends on the cop. I had my car for less than a month w/temp reg and a Euro plate on the back, got pulled over by CHP who told me that the Euro plates aren't legit. I said but the car is still registered to be driven on CA roads and the temp is valid for 6 months not 90 days as he stated. He then said "if the DMV has sent you the plates I am going to give you a ticket..........:confused: " WTF!?!?!? I told him even if they sent me the plates that doesnt mean that I recieved them???? He went back to his bike called it in and said your plates were sent to you on such date already.........once again I said "so what?" I didn't get them........the A$$HOLE gave me the ticket:mad:

I fought the ticket and won.............now when my new car comes in March I have a copy of the Vehicle Code and a copy of the dismissal in the glove for the next DUMBA$$ who tells me otherwise. :thumbup:
that's a great idea...i'm gonna print out the vehicle code for my own use. i'll post it here too for CA folks

·
Registered
868 Posts
For CA drivers:

A vehicle displaying a copy of the report of sale may be operated without license plates or registration card until either of the following, whichever occurs first:

(1) The license plates and registration card are received by the purchaser.

(2) A six-month period, commencing with the date of sale of the vehicle, has expired.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts