BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Got my ED delivery date

1507 12
Got our first ED delivery date Oct 24th. Soo excited!! Me and wife are flying to pickup the care

535xi white exterior, cinnamon brown interior, CWP and Premium sound

We are planning our trip will post more shortly.

How long it takes from airport to BMW welt? I am planning to contact Rolf
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
I strongly suggest not picking up your car on the day you fly in. Give yourself a day to get acclimated to the time change, get over jet lag etc.
Got our first ED delivery date Oct 24th. Soo excited!! Me and wife are flying to pickup the care

535xi white exterior, cinnamon brown interior, CWP and Premium sound

We are planning our trip will post more shortly.

How long it takes from airport to BMW welt? I am planning to contact Rolf
Different strokes for different folks... I never found it difficult to travel east. I rarely feel any jetlag. However, after landing back at LAX from Europe or Africa, I always feel it for 2 - 3 days....
I strongly suggest not picking up your car on the day you fly in. Give yourself a day to get acclimated to the time change, get over jet lag etc.
Congrats. I'll be there 3 days before to get mine.

And, I agree ... don't rush to pick up on the same day as your arrival!

Good luck.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
And I would advise you to pick up as soon as possible and get the most enjoyment you can out of the car in Europe because it's gonna be gone from you for two months or more. I agree that jet lag is much worse going the other direction. I would pick up the car on the day you arrive and then head out of town where things are cheaper and there's less traffic. I wouldn't head off for Vienna, but driving to Fussen or Salzburg shouldn't tax your energy too much. Vacation days are precious. I'd hate to waste one waiting around.
Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate all your advice. However I am there to pick up the baby so gotta do that first! We are both very well traveled and can handle jet lags very well! in fact last March I did a 9 hr flight to London from Mumbai toured London the whole day and flew back to the States in the evening.. just saying!

This is the itinerary
23rd leaving Newark
24th 7:50 am reach Munich pick up car, do the Welt tour and enjoy Munich
25th leave for Berchtesgaden in the morning and leave for Fussen late afternoon (partial drive through Alpenstrasse. Overnight in Fussen
26th enjoy neuschwanstein castle area and leave for Lyon France ( this maybe be the trickiest). overnight at Lyon.
27th morning take the first back road drive from Puy-de-Sancy to Carennac, France. overnight at Carennac, france
28th morning drive to Sainte Ennime France seeing the Aquaduct bridge and the back road scenice drives. Stay at the Chateau in Sainte Ennime overnight
29th morning drive to Sainte-Maxime driving through Provence and halting for lunch in one of the provence towns. Overnight at Saint Maxime
30th stay at Sainte Maxime and explore provence
31st explore Provence and drive down to Nice (car drop off )
1st Nov stay in Nice
2nd Nov 7 am catch flight from Nice to Newark
Your wife like the idea of unpack/pack every day? I'd be buried in the back yard if I tried that ;)

I get the wanting to see as much as you can, but I think you'll have a much more enjoyable trip spending a few days in a couple spots instead.

Either way, congrats... Have a great time.

Regards,
:) we are traveling very light and carrying only handbags and we both are good with a little driving. I do think we are stretching it a bit but we are thinking like this ----anyway we are not staying in a hotel in the daytime so instead of coming back to the same hotel we are stayin overnight in a different hotel while enjoying the day driving around some amazing places!

as long as we get a little R&R a little spa at night and some wine we should be all set :)
I like your perspective. Thinking along the same lines.
:) we are traveling very light and carrying only handbags and we both are good with a little driving. I do think we are stretching it a bit but we are thinking like this ----anyway we are not staying in a hotel in the daytime so instead of coming back to the same hotel we are stayin overnight in a different hotel while enjoying the day driving around some amazing places!

as long as we get a little R&R a little spa at night and some wine we should be all set :)
Fully agree! The 'jetlag' always seem to be over rated for me. Traveling to EU, it's always OK for me. Now, going to India is a separate story. :D
Enjoy your trip... Looks like you got a nice config 535.
Different strokes for different folks... I never found it difficult to travel east. I rarely feel any jetlag. However, after landing back at LAX from Europe or Africa, I always feel it for 2 - 3 days....
I vote for picking up the same day. Mostly because I think there is no way I could stand the thought that I'm in the country and I can't have my car yet. We just go the hotel in the afternoon and crash a bit. Rolf took us right to the Welt, although made a few sight seeing pitstops along the way where he got out and walked around with us showing us stuff.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.