BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ausfahrt, your car is looking sweet! I really like the e46 wagon, functional yet still sporty. I have a question though, knowing nothing about moding cars, what is rolling your fenders? I've heard it mentioned before, but have never really heard what it is. What are the benefits, does it change the outside appearance of the car? Apologizing in advance for my ignorance.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Case said:
Ausfahrt, your car is looking sweet! I really like the e46 wagon, functional yet still sporty. I have a question though, knowing nothing about moding cars, what is rolling your fenders? I've heard it mentioned before, but have never really heard what it is. What are the benefits, does it change the outside appearance of the car? Apologizing in advance for my ignorance.
Done to give more wheel clearance...

What size wheels are those?

·
Groccery Getter
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Case.........Rolling Fenders 101......

When you roll your fender it gives the tire/rim more clearance in the wheel well. So if you have massive tires 255 or even 18 and up rims it gives that extra space so the wheel/tire doesn't rub against your fender well. When you roll your fenders what you do is, it eliminates that extra lip that protrudes out from the upper wheel well. Apparently you can either roll the lip or the lip and the frame. If you mes around with the body yes it will be noticable but just doing the wheel well lip you cant even tell. Just to give you an idea how they rolled my fenders lay your hand flat then curl it up to almost a fist. People had used baseball bats but that's a bad idea, its better to get someone who knows how to do it and has the correct tool. I hope this helps. I got it done here in NY so if anybody around here wants to get it done let me know and I'll give you Phils number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.