BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(.)(.)
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Globe Motorsport in LA. Decided to go with Dunlop SP9000's....also got an alignment done. While i was there a brand new black S550 came in, sticker still on it. Fully loaded sticker at $96,239. The girl was getting some 22" HRE's put on. I am seriously thinking of getting one of those.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Steve, didn't you get new tires when you got your wheels, or did you keep the OEM run flats? :dunno:

How many miles did you get out of your tires?

·
(.)(.)
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chuck92103 said:
Steve, didn't you get new tires when you got your wheels, or did you keep the OEM run flats? :dunno:

How many miles did you get out of your tires?
Hey chuck,
I had BFG's in the correct size from my previous car. They were about 60% when i put them on my bmw. I could've gotten another 5k miles out of them but the inside's were starting to wear pretty bad. The last thing i wanted was to be out in BFE somewhere and get a flat, not having RF's or a spare and all. So i figured better safe than sorry, and forked over the cash for a new set:) If i had to guess i'd say i got about 20k miles out of the set. I drive pretty hard, cornering and freeway on ramp accelerating often...so maybe a more mellow driver would be able to get a lot more mileage out of the set.

·
AMV Roady
7,469 Posts
Steve645 said:
Just got back from Globe Motorsport in LA. Decided to go with Dunlop SP9000's....also got an alignment done. While i was there a brand new black S550 came in, sticker still on it. Fully loaded sticker at $96,239. The girl was getting some 22" HRE's put on. I am seriously thinking of getting one of those.
Those....being?

1) Girl,
2) 22 HRE's
3) Mercedes
4) all of the above

:rofl:

·
Nothing witty here
2,604 Posts
I thought a girl comes standard with the S550 with the 22s package, I think it's call the S550 PDE (Pimp Daddy Edition).

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Steve - Tell us what your initial impressions are of the Dunlops. I have had lots of experience with Dunlops, but I would like to hear what you think before you know what I think.

·
Nothing witty here
2,604 Posts
I love Dunlops, for my motorcycle, that is. Their race tires are awesome. I've also had Dunlop SP9000s for my Porsche Boxster and they were fine. Never slid or missed a step.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
I had SP9000 on my 97 M3. The car came with Michelin Pilot's MMX3's I believe they were called.

Dunlops ok. Michelins were better than sex. :)

·
Nothing witty here
2,604 Posts
The Michelin Power Race tires were great for 1 time usage and you had to throw them away after that. My bud used his power race tires a 2nd time on his motorcycle and almost flew off the track. The Bridgestones, on the other hand, lasted way more than we can ever expect for a race tire.

You have to hand it to Michelin though, Bib is a lot easier to like than the mascots for the other brands. Wait... do they even have mascots?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I seem to recall Nervana didn't like his Michelins...called them 'donuts' or something.

How do the Dunlops compare?

I'm about to get new 20"ers...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts