BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Officially a BMW Homer.
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled over last night at around 11:30PM in Mt Vernon NY:

The Good: I wasn't drinking :rofl:

The Bad: I was pulled out of my car after a 5 minute questioning so I can have a flashlight aimed at my F'in pupils- Embarrassing!

The Ugly: When asked why was I getting pulled over, the officer told me because I was swirving all over the road for the past 1/2 mile. My initial thought was that I was driving perfectly normal and proceeded to kindly debate this with him. Only until I was on my merry way home (no ticket) did I realize the cop probably saw me swirving around some potholes!! :doh:

It is so sad that I have accustomed myself to this style of driving to the point where I can't even reflect on it when being questioned on a possible DWI.:tsk:

Cheers to Pothole Explosions!

·
Registered
375 Posts
have to watch out for the men in blue.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Nice roads y'all got up north. I wonder where your expensive petrol tax goes to. And your absurd tolls.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
At least you weren't avoiding the potholes while in close pursuit of the dude in front of you at 140 mph...

Didn't we see a thread like this quite recently? Maybe an uncommon behavior in the boroughs?

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you haven't been drinking, just say you hurt your leg and let them do a breathalizer. I'll be damned if I'm gonna do calisthenics on the side of the road.

If you have been drinking and know you are going to fail, refuse all the tests. Sure you may lose your license for a year, but it beats getting a DWI.

·
Registered
202 Posts
glad you werent drinking.

maybe the rosser wanted a closer look at your car. much better than that pos dodge charger /crown vic he was driving.

:thumbup:

·
Officially a BMW Homer.
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nice roads y'all got up north. I wonder where your expensive petrol tax goes to. And your absurd tolls.
5$ back, 5$ forth, just to pay for the bridge to see the GF... And they still want you to pick up the dinner tab :)

Didn't we see a thread like this quite recently? Maybe an uncommon behavior in the boroughs?
Definitely. In that thread however, the guy was at least smart enough to point out his reasons for swiring. I was sitting there telling the cops I wasn't swiring which lead him to believe I really had something to drink :rofl:
If you haven't been drinking, just say you hurt your leg and let them do a breathalizer. I'll be damned if I'm gonna do calisthenics on the side of the road.
They were uniformed cops. Usually when those guys pull you over in NYC, they're looking to nail your ass for something more than a small traffic violation.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Shoulda just told 'em you were dodgin' those potholes, maybe he had a BMW too :p
Ya never know... or maybe he'd think you were even more drunk?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts