BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup. Title says it all. Lady merged into my lane and side swiped me. Thankfully she didn't get the whole side of the car.

Only thing that showed damage was the fender, which the auto body shop said they would have to replace the whole thing. (Estimate was close to $1000)

I can't remember another month where I've had to get so much work done :confused: :yikes:

New radiator next week potentially + possible heater core work + a couple new hoses, new tires, now this.

3 pics of the damage + 1 the other day before anything happened.

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Since it's oxford green, it still looks good. Had the same thing happen to me a year ago. Preggers mexican woman in a escalade. I'm surprised she even knew she hit me.

Sorry about the accident. Could be worse. You could be a woman in a SUV.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was a woman in an SUV that hit me :O

thankfully since my car is green, there is a plentiful amount of fenders out there. The wheel was also scraped up as well so gonna need to have that refinished or get another one.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Why do they expect you to pay $1000 for the repair? A used fender is only like $50, installation is a 20-30 minute affair. Wheel refurbishment should run you anything from $50-$100 per wheel, and respraying the fender should not cost more than $150.

In fact your damage does not look all that major. It can probably be knocked out by the paint shop and after putty and a respray would look as good as new.

I strongly advise you to get another quote from elsewhere. You're being ripped off.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Doubtful that a body shop is going to spend the time in shaping that wheel well when they can remove/replace and repaint. However, they will paint the fender and the front door to get a nice blend. Around here paint work is typically $200 per panel minimum.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm not paying a single penny. I'm getting quotes for the lady so she can decide if she wants to pay out of pocket or go through insurance.

:D

And yeah, I found a wheel locally for $75. Thing looks brand new (was used for a spare).

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it all settled and got a nice amount of money from the lady.

Turns out I'll be getting the fender fixed, the hood repainted, and some scratches buffed out, all for under $800 :D

It's sure nice to have connections...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.