BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was waiting in the parking lot of costco and this lady in a decrepid vw cab does a wide turn into the parking spot next to wide and bang! i got out to look at the damages and saw a 1ft x 2in black mark on my door. i knocked onto her window and told her that she hit my car. she had to nerve to say, "how do i know it wasn't already there." i said that i heard a bang while sitting inside my car and that there was a mark on her bumper that would align with the mark on my door. stil she denies it and goes onto rambling that she was within her parking spot the whole time and that i was probably opening my door ....:mad: we both looked the damage on my door and then she starts rubbing the black mark while grinding the dirt that was already on my door into the paintwork :banghead: then she tops that off with saying that she was doing me a favour and cleaning the dirt off my car! then she starts walking away and says that she ain't paying for anything. i was just flabbergasted by all this. that just gets me soo mad. arggghh :mad: a simple sincere SORRY would have been acceptable to me since there was no major damage. just maybe layer of clearcoat. but arghhh. should have called her in for hit'n'run

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
HW said:
SNIP

should have called her in for hit'n'run
YEAH, since that is exactly what it was!

A cop should have been waiting for her to return from shopping. You would at least get things moving in the right direction for her to compensate you. When people are not cooperating rationally I don't think that just getting the tag is good enough. Having a cop write a police report puts her there at the time, as the actual driver.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: got sideswiped

CD-55 said:

YEAH, since that is exactly what it was!

A cop should have been waiting for her to return from shopping. You would at least get things moving in the right direction for her to compensate you. When people are not cooperating rationally I don't think that just getting the tag is good enough. Having a cop write a police report puts her there at the time, as the actual driver.
there was no dent / paint scrape so i didn't feel it was necessary at the time to escalate things. but i think it was pretty obvious that it was her error and she should have just given a sincere apology. all i got was denial, arrogance and attitude. :mad: given her attitude about all of this, i should have put her through the whole process even if i wasn't going to seek compensation for damages. i must say that i don't have any luck parking my car at costco. a few months ago, someone did scrape my bumper and created dent on it and to top it off, that same day and parking lot, someone had stole my rear roundel! :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.