BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well They were supposed to be on yesterday but damn ups arrived late with the tires, so I had to get it done today, anyway the ride is finally moving in the direction I'm shooting for! They are 19's Staggered with Goodyear F1's, got a little bit of stretch in the back too!
What the car looked like dropped on UUC Springs and stock wheels:

What it looks like now with new wheels!!!!

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Pretty amazing transformation. Wow! I really like those CSL's.....Nice drop, though I don't think I have ever seen a set of lowering springs drop the butt so much....which ones did you get?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are the same as UUC Springs, but painted a diff color and have a different brand name.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Actually completely the same, both companies get them from Lesjofors, a spring manufacturer out of Germany.
I think you missed my joke. You said EXACTLY the same and then in the same sentence you said but a different color and have a different name. I just thought that was funny since it made little sense. :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you missed my joke. You said EXACTLY the same and then in the same sentence you said but a different color and have a different name. I just thought that was funny since it made little sense. :p
Oh haha you got me! :thumbup:

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Oh haha you got me! :thumbup:
So I wonder why the UUC kit lowers the rear more than the front? My H&R's have the front lower than the rear which I think is adding to my camber problem. How does your car drive now? Are you still on stock shocks/struts? Did I mention it looks killer?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I wonder why the UUC kit lowers the rear more than the front? My H&R's have the front lower than the rear which I think is adding to my camber problem. How does your car drive now? Are you still on stock shocks/struts? Did I mention it looks killer?
I'm not sure the original version (one i have) was advertised as 1.6" front and 1.4" rear, maybe they are designed that way to work with the stock struts? I know uuc's new version 2's gives the car more of a raked look, only dropping the rear 1.2" but yes, I am on stock struts for now, and to me it rides just great, I actually enjoy the ride moreso than the non sport stock springs!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She's screaming for painted trim, clear tails and a dual exhaust.
Yes, all on the list! buuuut I would kinda like to give the sleeper look a try so most of that'll come after the supercharger! (Might get the trim painted at the same time i get the future bumpers painted though)

·
Little Miss Ry
1,169 Posts
Upgrade!!! :thumbup:

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
I've never gotten any solid feedback about that when using springs that claim its perfectly fine to use the stock strut, but I sure will find out! :D
I'm giving it to you. My car isn't dropped quite as much as yours, mine died a fast, horrible death and rode like crap. They aren't made to operate at that height. Research and you will see.....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts