BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

GPS problems

785 2
On a recent trip to New York in my new 2016 X5, the GPS system worked overtime to send me into the most congested, slow (or non-) moving areas of the City. Having formerly lived there, I knew some of the routes it sent me on were not correct, and on two occasions, it would not accept an address that I know exists, eg. 600 Third Avenue.
Any similar experience?
Any fixes?
Thanks.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Contact your dealer and tell them it is not functioning properly. They will probably say they could not replicate the issue and then you push and they'll update your firmware and maps. That should resolve it providing there isn't a hardware issue or fault code for hardware related issue.
Yes, similar experiences. BMW NAV was written by a company now known as HERE.com. HERE offers free database upgrades to subscribing manufacturers, BMW is not a subscriber. BMW delays and profits from HERE updates.

HERE offers the HERE We Go app. HERE also uses the MapCreator through which the user can contribute to the curated database.

Just today I informed HERE of a new restaurant in my neighborhood.
On a recent trip to New York in my new 2016 X5, the GPS system worked overtime to send me into the most congested, slow (or non-) moving areas of the City. Having formerly lived there, I knew some of the routes it sent me on were not correct, and on two occasions, it would not accept an address that I know exists, eg. 600 Third Avenue.
Any similar experience?
Any fixes?
Thanks.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.