BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to see the Grand Prix of Atlanta today, and afterwards was an IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge. I took a lot of pics of Round 2 and the GT3 race, so if anyone wants specific pics of a car, I can post them.

Attachments

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Thanks for those great pics!!!

·
blubb blubb blubb
1,168 Posts
Mathew said:
I used a Nikon D70 with a 70-300mm lens.
Were all the shots at 300 mm or was that not necessary? I'm lens shopping at the moment and trying to decide how much reach I want to go for. I may take pics of race cars now and then, so trying to collect some info. Not sure if 200 mm would be enough. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JonW said:
Were all the shots at 300 mm or was that not necessary? I'm lens shopping at the moment and trying to decide how much reach I want to go for. I may take pics of race cars now and then, so trying to collect some info. Not sure if 200 mm would be enough. Thanks.
Those probably were. Throughout the day though, I probably used the whole range. I also brought the standard 18-70, and used that frequently.

·
Go Tigers!
2019 G30 540i M Sport
348 Posts
Mathew said:
No, that was finished long before I got there.

I used a Nikon D70 with a 70-300mm lens.
Mathew -

Nice pics. :thumbup: A few questions about them...what shutter speed/aperature/ISO equiv. were you using and can you take a burst of pics with the D70?

I have the F100 with AF-S 300 prime and 1.4x and typically use Velvia 100F for motorsports pics. I'm dying to go digital, but Nikon haven't made a true digital F100 yet :cry: , but the new D70s is gettin' close and the D2H is too much camera.

I took pics at the 25th Walter Mitty Challenge a couple years ago at Road Atl. and it's a great place to watch/photograph racing.

Thanks. Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.