BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very happy with the fuel mileage on the X3 35i. I've been averaging about 27.6 to 28.0 in mixed driving 20% city / 80% highway in a hilly terrain. Not bad for a 5.3 second 0-60 4,300 lb SUV. I'm not sure there's a competitor that matches that performance and still gets that fuel mileage.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm very happy with the fuel mileage on the X3 35i. I've been averaging about 27.6 to 28.0 in mixed driving 20% city / 80% highway in a hilly terrain. Not bad for a 5.3 second 0-60 4,300 lb SUV. I'm not sure there's a competitor that matches that performance and still gets that fuel mileage.
I have a 2011. I consistently get 23 mpg in mixed driving, 26-28 on the highway. Quite a bit better than the 4-cylinders I previously drove, including the WRX and CRV.

Your mileage seems exceptional, but there's no doubt the 35i gets good mileage given its power and versatility and compared to competitors.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Sheetz and Sunoco Fuel mostly 93 octane - unless 91 is available ( it usually isn't). Once I used 89, and the gas mileage dropped 2 -3 mpg.

I also drive 95% in comfort / 5% in sport. I never use Eco Pro - I never got any better fuel mileage than I did in comfort, and it felt sluggish on the highway when I wanted to pass since it wasn't quick to downshift.

·
Registered
153 Posts
93 octane is hard to find around here, also non-ethanol gas. I usually use 91 octane but use 93 every chance I get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts