BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 330i and I went to Vegas (from So. Cal.) this weekend with my new(ish) car (1300miles).

280 miles each way.

Averaged between 70-80mph with the AC on half the time.

Got 28.6 mpg ....going
Got 29.9 mpg ...returning

Overall: 29.28 mpg

That's friggen awesome... I had no idea that I could get this high, if I could keep it around 65mph, I think 35mpg is obtainable.

Anyone else have some good mileage stories to report?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Got 32+mpg on drive back from Bimmerfest, doing 70-80 all the way (400+ miles). Still had almost 5 gallons of gas left in tank when I filled up.

·
10,856 Posts
My OBC is indicating 14.0 MPG right now. :p

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yikes!! Lowest mpg I've got was about 20mpg. You must have quite a lead foot :tsk:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
pps-325xit said:
Yikes!! Lowest mpg I've got was about 20mpg. You must have quite a lead foot :tsk:
I'm getting 21 to 22 mpg on avg, mph avg mid 30's w/ mixed driving. No long trips yet so :dunno: what to expect.

Nick ~ lead foot for sure:D Tires and brakes in less then 15k:yikes:

·
10,856 Posts
Usually I average around 17-18.
I reset every time I refuel, so I get an idea of my current driving habits. :)

One thing to remember, though, is that my average speed rarely exceeds 18MPH. I go through a LOT of stop signs.
On an all highway trip, I DID get 28MPG.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The best I've gotten was the Bimmerfest weekend, where I got 390mi out of 15.5gal, or ~25.5MPG. :dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:
The best I've gotten was the Bimmerfest weekend, where I got 390mi out of 15.5gal, or ~25.5MPG. :dunno:
Just as a comparison, I got ~27 mpg average that weekend on my 323Ci...Speed ranged from 65 (got stuck behind an SUV) to 95 mph.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 330ci 5 speed. The computer has not been reset for over 13000 miles. It shows 29.4 mpg.

I have been on one long trip of about 950 miles round trip since I have had the car.

I generally get 425 to 475 miles per tank and fillup is about 15 gallons.

The rest of my driving consists of a 42 mile commute to work in a rual area. I average 70-75 mph on trips, but otherwise don't have a lead foot and rarely exceed 65.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:
Best mileage was 30.9 mpg...

Best range was about 460 miles...

Errrrrrrr......stats will be just fine Mr. "I have 27000 pics of my car":rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Reminds me of a funny story a co-worker told me.

Group of guys he knew got tired of one of their co-workers bragging about how great his gas milage was. So at lunch time they'd go out and FILL his gas tank with 5 gallons of gas from a can. They did this for a few weeks. Then, they stopped. The guy went crazy and demanded the dealer fix his car cause it was now getting crappy gas milage.

So beware, :angel:

·
10,856 Posts
pps-325xit said:
Does anyone know how much the xi sport wheels weigh, vs. the non-sport wheels? I'm curious if pps has a little edge there. :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
When I drove home from a trip to Vegas a month ago, I averaged 31.3mpg, with about 1/4 left in the tank. Thats driving non-stop from Vegas to San Diego, which took about 4 1/2 hours at 80mph. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I avg. 99.9 once after a fill up, reset the computer and headed down a big long steep hill! :D

My overall avg. is 27.5 mpg (80% highway, 20% city) and actual best was about 30 mpg (coming back from Edmunds to Sumner, 65 mph.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
ObD - Holy Shit - that gas story was funny!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts