Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in need of a new set of tires soon for the X and have been checking. Well, I found a great deal at Discount Tire Direct. With their Labor Day sale, I saved an additional $170 off the set. $70 from Bridgestone and $100 off from DTD. These are mail in rebates for visa gift cards bu t $170 is $170. I just thought I'd pass this along to anyone interested. I'm an not affiliated with DTD.

·
Registered
75 Posts
except they won't sell me the 98 load tires i want to put on my X3 35i msport. they INSIST i put on 102XLs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
except they won't sell me the 98 load tires i want to put on my X3 35i msport. they INSIST i put on 102XLs.
Order them online. I don't think they are going to check. They are probably just making sure the tire load rating is correct.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Decided to move to Pirelli PZero All Season Plus 102xl instead of Michelin AS3+ for this sale.

I read the actual F25 manual (shocking that someone read the manual) and it specifically states using 102XL on this SUV which is kind of ridiculous in as of the Gross Axel Weight Rating is exceeded by 98's, meaning I don't see why 102's are spec.

Since I'm moving off RFT's, the 102's will give a firmer sidewall and likely better tire response. I'm splitting hairs here.

The PZero ASPs are $170 each vs $208 each for A/S3+ and are highly rated on TireRack.

Thanks for your post and reply. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
318 Posts
98 vs 102

Mine DT Tire rep had the same initial reaction. I showed him that the some of the X3 models came with 98's, so he finally gave in (2012 X3 35 with sport suspension).

·
Registered
75 Posts
reference page 240 of Owner Manual. BMW spec is 102V on 245/45/19 with symmetrical fitment. 102 makes it a XL tire.

i wound up buying Pirelli PZero All Season Plus which have a 102 weight rating. overall these were less than the Michelin A/S 3+ by around $46 per tire. they are similarly rated as the Michelin's and were a choice on my short list.

i drove Pirelli Verde's on my X5 and was very happy with them in performance and handling characteristics.

i'll reply back with some feedback once i get them installed and road miles on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts