BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just wanted to pass on this feedback about the sales experience I had this past weekend at Peter Pan BMW.

The lease on my M3 had only 5 months left to run, and I'd been toying with the idea of getting an M6. I woke up Sunday with not much to do, so for kicks I put together what I felt was a very aggressive deal, figuring nobody would take it - even before owner loyalty and multi-security-deposit discounts, it was ~$500/mo less than the best deal I found on LeaseCompare at similar terms.

I was looking for one without full leather, as I wasn't interested in spending $3500 for a prettier dashboard. My third call was to Peter Pan, which had one on the lot that was just what I wanted, except it had the leather.

To my surprise, they were willing to start our conversation at $3500 below MSRP, since I didn't want the leather. And the price went down from there!

The whole experience was extremely professional, and hassle-free. I spoke to Henry Sipor, the floor manager. I explained to Henry what I wanted, what I was willing to pay, and how I felt the deal should be structured. He called me back about 30 mins later and told me he'd take the deal.

When I arrived at the dealership, Henry immediately showed me the deal sheet. There was no haggling or bait-and-switch - both car and deal were as promised. Throughout the process I spent perhaps 30 mins waiting, but this was because the dealership was quite busy, not because Henry had to 'see the manager' about our deal.

We then discussed my M3. Henry's first offer was low, but it required only a little gentle prodding to get him up to a fair (tho not excellent) deal - the top end of blue book and $3K above black book. This left me only a little underwater on the lease, and I was happy to pay the delta to avoid the hassle of selling it myself. Of note, Henry made no attempt to link the two deals or muddy the waters, as so often happens.

Perhaps the best part of the experience was Tom, in the F&I office. By the time I got there, Tom had already printed the paperwork. Once he figured out that I didn't need much handholding, he tightened up his explanations, and made no effort to sell me anything. He had actually lowered the monthly payment $.01 in order to save me $350 in security deposits (the payment had been $x50, which would have increased the security deposit amount by $50, as it's rounded up - he made it $x49.99). I felt this was a pretty thoughtful gesture for a car dealership. :) I was in and out of F&I in literally 5 minutes.

I've heard that Victor Hung (also at Peter Pan) is in the same boat as Henry, but I've no personal experience with him.

All in all I felt like this was a fair deal, handled in a very transparent, honest way. A great sales experience (of course, service is another matter entirely...). If you're in the Bay Area and looking, I suggest you give Henry and Peter Pan a shot at your business.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
300 Posts
Guys, just wanted to pass on this feedback about the sales experience I had this past weekend at Peter Pan BMW.

The lease on my M3 had only 5 months left to run, and I'd been toying with the idea of getting an M6. I woke up Sunday with not much to do, so for kicks I put together what I felt was a very aggressive deal, figuring nobody would take it - even before owner loyalty and multi-security-deposit discounts, it was ~$500/mo less than the best deal I found on LeaseCompare at similar terms.

I was looking for one without full leather, as I wasn't interested in spending $3500 for a prettier dashboard. My third call was to Peter Pan, which had one on the lot that was just what I wanted, except it had the leather.

To my surprise, they were willing to start our conversation at $3500 below MSRP, since I didn't want the leather. And the price went down from there!

The whole experience was extremely professional, and hassle-free. I spoke to Henry Sipor, the floor manager. I explained to Henry what I wanted, what I was willing to pay, and how I felt the deal should be structured. He called me back about 30 mins later and told me he'd take the deal.

When I arrived at the dealership, Henry immediately showed me the deal sheet. There was no haggling or bait-and-switch - both car and deal were as promised. Throughout the process I spent perhaps 30 mins waiting, but this was because the dealership was quite busy, not because Henry had to 'see the manager' about our deal.

We then discussed my M3. Henry's first offer was low, but it required only a little gentle prodding to get him up to a fair (tho not excellent) deal - the top end of blue book and $3K above black book. This left me only a little underwater on the lease, and I was happy to pay the delta to avoid the hassle of selling it myself. Of note, Henry made no attempt to link the two deals or muddy the waters, as so often happens.

Perhaps the best part of the experience was Tom, in the F&I office. By the time I got there, Tom had already printed the paperwork. Once he figured out that I didn't need much handholding, he tightened up his explanations, and made no effort to sell me anything. He had actually lowered the monthly payment $.01 in order to save me $350 in security deposits (the payment had been $x50, which would have increased the security deposit amount by $50, as it's rounded up - he made it $x49.99). I felt this was a pretty thoughtful gesture for a car dealership. :) I was in and out of F&I in literally 5 minutes.

I've heard that Victor Hung (also at Peter Pan) is in the same boat as Henry, but I've no personal experience with him.

All in all I felt like this was a fair deal, handled in a very transparent, honest way. A great sales experience (of course, service is another matter entirely...). If you're in the Bay Area and looking, I suggest you give Henry and Peter Pan a shot at your business.

Cheers,
Matt
I like that kind of a dealership--more specifically the personnel. But the name?????? You have got to be kidding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts