BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my new X3 last may. I still only have 4800 miles on it and I'm planning a trip to florida. I thought, even though its synthetic, the oil should be changed because it was over a year old. I was going to do this myself because of the 15000 mile service interval. When I called the dealer he said if its over a year they'll do it. They'll even come to my home and leave me a loaner while they service it. This is great. This is one of the reasons I bought a BMW. Thanks A&L in Monroeville PA

·
Registered
686 Posts
Your dealer is right! I had 12,000 miles within my 1st year and they changed the oil and filter at no charge and I also received a loaner for the day. I recently had my 15,000 mile service and received another oil and filter change, new wiper blades and the micro cabin filter changed. The service indicator is now reset and the 1 year/15,000 mile interval starts again.

I also would like to give kudos to my dealer, Sun Motor Cars BMW in Mechanicsburg, PA.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
jdeday said:
Your dealer is right! I had 12,000 miles within my 1st year and they changed the oil and filter at no charge and I also received a loaner for the day. I recently had my 15,000 mile service and received another oil and filter change, new wiper blades and the micro cabin filter changed. The service indicator is now reset and the 1 year/15,000 mile interval starts again.

I also would like to give kudos to my dealer, Sun Motor Cars BMW in Mechanicsburg, PA.

Jeff
Its nice to hear good things about dealers. I feel the same way about JMK BMW, they are #1 and I always give them 5's.I guess you could say we are very fortunate to have great dealers.and not have to complain as others do when ever they bring in there BMW's for service, and in some cases complain about sales aswell.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I guess that there aren't to many BMW owners on this forum that are satisfied with there dealers or they would be posting there coments about Sales and Service!!!!!!!
cheers
vern

·
Drink the koolaid or else
2,694 Posts
In Northern Cal we are kind of screwed: we have Niello in Sacramento, and Roseville BMW: both wont give you the time of day unless you drive a 6er or 7er. When I went looking to replace my 318iS several years ago.. i was told by the nice gentleman (aka white haired old fart) at Niello that they didn't have anything i could afford and perhaps I should be checking with Kia or Hyundai... i bought a 528i for goodness sakes!! Roseville is even worse, and their services department is a nightmare. When the fuel pump went out on the same 318iS just two weeks after i bought it, they a: couldn't have cared less, and b: they wanted $1100 to fix it.

I bought my X3 at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley just last month,, and now, I can't even get a return phone call from my Sales Associate or the service department.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
vern said:
I guess that there aren't to many BMW owners on this forum that are satisfied with there dealers or they would be posting there coments about Sales and Service!!!!!!!
cheers
vern
Sales is great at my place if you know who to deal with. Huge inventory and sales dept, supposedly #4 nationwide. Service is a mixed bag; I have a feeling they care only if you bought your BMW from them. Admittedly, some speak of horror stories and I know the service dept is very busy. However with few exceptions, I have no issues with VOB BMW in Rockville, MD.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no prob

Well I got the X3 back today. They kept it overnight because of the distance I live from the dealer. They left me another identical X3 as a loaner. Everything as promised.
You know you can't blame the dealer for the assorted probs with the X3s. I had a defective battery and this thing died in the garage. They came immediately - on Sunday - and got it. The next day it was back and fixed. BMW dealers are only as good as the service managers they employee. Upscale models should hire and pay the best. Mines ok so far ...

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Check to see if they have an award from BMW. Mine has several and they deserve every one. :thumbup:

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts