BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
I''ll hafta rewatch these when I get home. This is from some Best Motoring tape, but I haven't seen this one (yet).

All of these guys are race drivers to some extent, although I believe only 2 of them (the ones driving the MT M3 and 360) are of an international caliber.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
I saw some shuffle-steering going on somewhere in there... my instructor reamed me but good for that on the track last weekend. :yikes:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Welp, I rewatched the video, and unfortunately it ends before all the drivers give their commentaries at the end. I may have to go track down the tape and watch the whole thing.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
atyclb said:

Every test that's ever been done has manual beating SMG
Exactly what are you reffering to?

Wasn't it the German magazine "Auto Motor und Sport" that did a Nurburging test and got the same time with both cars? These are professional drivers, and I wouldn't expect either to be faster. 36/100ths is well within the margin of error.

Think about it, does it make any sense that either would be faster with a pro driving?

SMG allows pro shifts EVERY time. I would bet that you would be faster with SMG on a track.

20,210 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Exactly what are you reffering to?

Wasn't it the German magazine "Auto Motor und Sport" that did a Nurburging test and got the same time with both cars? These are professional drivers, and I wouldn't expect either to be faster. 36/100ths is well within the margin of error.
okay, I should have said any test has shown stick beating or matching SMG. Shahin claimed that SMG is faster than stick. There has been no test that has shown that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts