Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

looks like we (spouse and me) will have approx. 10 days for holidays in CA.
We're located in PaloALto and would like to know where to go during these 10 days.

I'm thinking about SFO>> Yosemite N.P>> LasVegas>> Garan Canyon >> somehow back to SFO/Palo ALto..

Can one of you guys tell me how long such a trip would take and what are the best stays on those tour.
Where should we stay for the night?

I have really no clue how to organize this..Do I need to reserve some motels..??:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Do you have any ideas where to go for those mentioned 10 days??

Thanks a lot..

cheers Big

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If you are dead set on staying at hotels, that is one thing. but if not, you may want to check out http://www.cruiseamerica.com/

Some friend of mine used this company a few years ago when they were doing a similar trip (they also are from Germany)

I do not know what agency they used in Germany, to make this reservation, but, it saved them much money to make the rental arrangements in Germany, instead of reserving in USA.

If I can find more details, I will PM this to you...Doug

·
Registered
561 Posts
How about Napa Valley (wine-tasting) and Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur (see pic). Yosemite is about a half-day drive from the Bay Area. Probably need a long day to get to Las Vegas. Monterey and Napa are 1.5-2 hour drives from Bay Area. And here's a link to the Northern California AAA which has maps, etc. CSAA

Attachments

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Yosemite is a zoo. The Big Sur coast South of Monterey would be a worthy destination. There are some B&B's and art galleries there that you wife would approve of. You could also head North to the Mendocino coast and points North. You might want to join AAA just to get copies of their tourbooks and some ideas. I just returned from a trip up the coast to Oregon and back. Too many RV's towing big trucks, but other than that, it was fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your recommendation..

We've been in Nappa and SOnoma last August (also Business).

It's wonderful there.. We've ben also in Bodego Bay..but this was honestly not too exciting..

ANyway- we will continue searching for a nice place.
Thanks

Big

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
SF - Yosemite - Vegas - Grand Canyon and then back to SF would entail lots of driving...

I've driven from SFO to Flagstaff, AZ (about 75 miles south of the Grand Canyon) -- its about 750 miles and took me 13 hours. Your route would take you on different roads, and you would break it up, but here's a feel for the driving times:

SF to Yosemite -- 3 to 4 hours

Yosemite to Vegas -- I'm guessing ~6 hours...

Vegas to Grand Canyon -- about 3 hours to the South Rim (where the main visitors center is).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts