BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered bimmerfest this week.

This forum is overwhelming. BMW owners are truly their own unique culture. They have a wonderful spirit of support for one another. And the threads are actually intelligent and, mostly, gramatically correct!

I don't yet own a BMW (haven't even yet test-driven one), and at first, I found this all a bit intimidating. Now, I have come to the conclusion that doing this advance homework (which is quickly turning into a labor of love) is one of the more brilliant strokes I have had in a long time.

So here is where I am at: At the top of my list for a new car is a 550i, through European Delivery. I am studying options (which are a bit confusing, e.g., I can have ventilated front seats or a heated steering wheel, but not both) and learning about various dealers.

Also, I read a press release from BMW USA in early July announcing a new dealer-installed iPod connection that will be available this month across its entire line. Located in the glove box, this will provide a comparatively seemless integration of the iPod and the BMW sound system. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for reading this, and contributing all of these insights. Any counsel on the 550i, its options, the purchase negotiation or ED would be appreciated.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,360 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to The 'Fest. :thumbup:

I have a 550i on order (see my sig). THe best place to get your questions about the E60 answered is the e60 forum and to get your ED questions answered, visit the ED forum.

There is a wealth of informaton in thise forums. :thumbup:

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.