BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Curt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to the forum and BMW's but not new to German cars. Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning from all the old hats around this place. I consider myself a Mercedes man but after driving my 535I around for the last few months and having the opportunity to cruise the Autobahn I think I might be converted. I have been thoroughly impressed all the way around with the engineering on the E39. Have hit 265 KMH on the Autobahn and it felt like it was on rails....smooth as butter!

-Curt

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome Curt-

Happy to see you were converted over to the BMW side. I'd guess a 535i on the Autobahn would convert just about anybody.

Cheers!

Jerry

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Welcome, Curt.

Good to hear that the 535i handled well at 265 kph. I think the US version of the cars are limited to 200 kph, but we don't have a place to drive that fast legally.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Welcome Curt-

Happy to see you were converted over to the BMW side. I'd guess a 535i on the Autobahn would convert just about anybody.

Cheers!

Jerry
I would love to hear about a 540 or M5 on the aoutobahn!! Now that would convert anyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.