BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another "New Guy" checking in.
My names Dave, 36, and from New Orleans. I have (well actually the wife has) a 2001 530i with 51K. I found this place while googling for tips on radiator replacement. Yep, the tank (not the neck) blew out on the wife last week and i've been cussin and bleedin' these past few nights trying to swap it out. Kinda embarrassing since I was a GM/ASE master tech for 16 years up until early '05, for a "simple radiator to give me such a fit! :dunno::D

I love my Bimmer. Also had an E34 525i for a few years until getting the E39 in '01. Really like to tinker around with cars and bikes with a little more "Italian" flavor for fun though!

Well, off to search the tech sections!

Dave

·
Freude am Diesel Fahren !
320 Posts
Welcome!

Lots of experience and hands on knowledge here.

Don't know if you are aware of the BMW Car Club of America.

They have a tech guy there that has probably seen it all.

But this is a superb website. Hard to believe how much time people spend on this site (including me).

Welcome and enjoy the 'Fest !

·
In Heaven
2,971 Posts
Another "New Guy" checking in.
My names Dave, 36, and from New Orleans. I have (well actually the wife has) a 2001 530i with 51K. I found this place while googling for tips on radiator replacement. Yep, the tank (not the neck) blew out on the wife last week and i've been cussin and bleedin' these past few nights trying to swap it out. Kinda embarrassing since I was a GM/ASE master tech for 16 years up until early '05, for a "simple radiator to give me such a fit! :dunno::D

I love my Bimmer. Also had an E34 525i for a few years until getting the E39 in '01. Really like to tinker around with cars and bikes with a little more "Italian" flavor for fun though!

Well, off to search the tech sections!

Dave
Hey, Dave, nice to see another one of us Louisianian...

I live in Croewley, though working the week in Houston... and no, I do not drive my toy to work! too many miles. I got my 09 chevy for that!
Italian flavor cars, he! My dad had an Alfa in the 70's - a Gulietta 1800 - I loved the car, except that already after one year, the bottom was totally rusted out...!!! If I had known then what I know now, Alfa would have paid for the repairs, which did not last anyway - the "steel" was flawed to begin with. My dad had Fiat after, but the alfa gave me such a bad taste that I went on to german cars - my first was an audi in 85, then first BMW in 1987 when I bougth a 320i - Loved it.
After that, I moved to the US and just got back to BMW this year - finally reached a point where I could afford it on top of a family...!

Hope you get your problem fixed.

Happy driving

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,310 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts