BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Natural optical phenomena
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say jon, I have a question.

A friend of mine in Portland Oregon bought a 2000 (I think) Z3 a couple of years ago. While he likes the car's driving, he is not happy with it's impractical size restrictions. He saw my famous 325i last summer and has become smitten. I suggested he consider an internet special order with you and Franco at the appropriate moment. (He is an ex Californian and would love an excuse to drive to Santa Barbara.)

My question is: is it possible to buy in California for an Oregon license and how do the taxes work?

Thanks in advance.

JPHerit

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,583 Posts
Re:

Greetings back Herr Professor!

Amazing - driving home just tonite I was thinking about you and "optical phenomena". The "Moon Illusion" was really doing it tonite as La Luna rose above the Santa Ynez Mountains...

Anyway, in regards to your friend, I think that we can help. Oregon is totally do-able (Franco shipped a 325i there just last month). Visiting Santa Barbara would be great, but if your friend wishes to partake in The Ultimate Drive Home, we have to charge our local sales tax of 7.75% on the purchase price. Oregon has no sales tax, so this might not look too good... In order to get around that I'd have to arrange shipping...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.